Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Proof of marriage certificate for foreigners, Info on the procedure for get

Toggle
Hi Friends,
To process my wife's permit for Switzerland, I need to get a proof from the German Authorities that my marriage is legal.Can someone tell me the procedure to get this document of proof?

Status:I got married legally in India and have a copy of marriage certificate, I am living with my wife in Munich.

Many Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Proof of marriage certificate for foreigners, Info on the procedure for
Answer
2/19/07 4:27 PM as a reply to sherlock neo.
How can Germany govt prove the legality of your marriage that happened in india. I guess you will have a marriage certificate from govt authorities plus religious authorities (if you happend to be christian others i am not sure).

one way you could get this doc is if German embassy had validated your marriage. That happens only after 2005 new law came into effet. For Green card it was very simple.

The other option is that you could get this marriage certificates attested by External affairs ministry of India.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/07 4:43 PM as a reply to sherlock neo.
@ Savion,
I guess your argument is right,My certificate is attested by External affairs ministry but still I need a proof from german authorities that my marriage is legal for the Swiss authorities.One solution for this is getting the attestation at Indian Consulate but I am not sure if this is valid.I am thinking if the same can be done at Rathaus or some office?

one way you could get this doc is if German embassy had validated your marriage. That happens only after 2005 new law came into effet. For Green card it was very simple.

Can you explain this procedure in detail?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/07 5:36 PM as a reply to sherlock neo.
Inorder to get a spouse visa now, the ABH send request to Germany embassy in India to check the legality fo the marriage. This is done through so called detective agencies, who may visit your Father in Law, your preist who solemanised your ceremony, the caterer who cooked tasty dishes for your marriage and the owner of the hall where ur marriage took place.

This would sound funny but its being done.

I guess since you have your wife here its not possible. As in the above case the whole procedure last very long.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott