Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

arbeitslosengeld in case of free will resignation

Toggle
hey guys,
I am working in germany since 2000 and last year got the NE ( the permanent residence thingy... ) . now, due to some personal problems, I might have to quit my job. If I do that ie. resign myself, am i still entitled to arbeitslosengeld and if yes, what are the rules and conditions.
The whole idea of getting money even if one resigns through his/her own free-will sounds absurd, but thought of verifying anyway.
Cheerz
jane
0 (0 Votes)

Re: arbeitslosengeld in case of free will resignation
Answer
11/6/06 3:15 PM as a reply to j n.
In short Yes but after 3 months:

You will get ALG. but in this metter you must be very much carefull because now a days there are lot of jobless people in germany and if you resign yourself then second thinking is that when you know lot of jobless in market then why you are resigning, in german says "ein große fragezeichen". ==> Be carefull in this metter and try they(firm) fire you.If you yourself resign you may get ALG after 3 months.(you have to bear all of your expenditures till 3 months by yourself).
Furthermore becarefull again because dont think here you will out of your office after resign you will get your ALG, you have to wait till the forms of ALG application signed by your company and if they signed the paper which you will get through ArbeitsAmt then your process will start.
If they dont signed(although its your right but your employer can tease you :o, if he dont do it you have to wait, you also need your TaxCard from him). I am writing all the possible things which can happen and which happened with others too.
As with me too .................. Try to be a happy end.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/6/06 7:20 PM as a reply to j n.
Thanks jalal,
But does that mean I have to give valid reasons for leaving the job ? Which means, there is a chance that I wont get anything if I am unable to convince the person at the counter that my reason to leave was legitimate.......
And once the ALG starts for how long do i get it ?
Cheerz
jane
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/7/06 1:32 AM as a reply to j n.
Talk with your employer.
If there where a real problems and made you to leave the job, your employer will understand you (I hope deeply) and he can give you kündigung so you do not need to worry.
If there is no chance...before you live the company try to explain the Arbeitsamt the reason and you have the chance for not having 'arbeitsloosengeld sperre'.
You need to have a good explenation and paper that will proof your resignation.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/7/06 12:26 PM as a reply to j n.
Thanks max,
I will try to talk to my company and see if I can make them understand the situation because I dont really see much hope with the other scenario where I have to convince the arbeitsamt.
Thanks guys.....
I would still welcome any advice, suggestion or workaround that anyone might want to suggest regarding my case....
Will keep you all posted.
jane
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3