Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

11 weeks later, asked for Marriage Verification!!

Toggle
 hello all,

I submitted my Spouse visa appln on dec 16th at chennai consulate.
After that I did not hear from them.

And now after 11 whole weeks, they send me a mail asking for marriage verification...

I submitted all necessary docs with INR 20000 fees last friday.

Can anybody tell me, how things will go from here. Will it take another 12 more week...emoticon or will they speed up the process?

Do investigation officers mandatorily visit our place???

Waiting for a reply...emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

RE: 11 weeks later, asked for Marriage Verification!!
Answer
3/3/14 8:46 PM as a reply to Anu.
some cases 2 weeks..upto 2 months. 

Officers visit some times.

It can be quite frustration, there is not much you can do about it. be patient.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/14 9:11 AM as a reply to Anu.
I dont know what happend to chennai consulate now a days emoticon

It was same with me, indeed it was wrost. We submitted fee for marriage verification 3 months back till now there was no news from them. And there will be no reply for any mails. They stopped even helpline which previously used to be 1,00 PM to 2,00 PM. After paying money we need to wait without knowing where is the stauts...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/14 11:39 AM as a reply to Anu.
Hello...

An update I wanted to share...

Last week I got a register post saying that my marriage verification is done and the report has been sent. This is 2 months after I submitted my docs for verification.

Now it has been 5 months since I applied for visa.

When I call Chennai consulate, they say its with the ABH now and I have to wait for some more time.(Atleast now they empathise with me :/)

My husband tried calling the ABH, but it seems the beamter is on leave due to illness.Even no reply for mails... 

My qs is: the beamter is on leave for the past 10 days, Will anyone else take up my case or will it be put until the concerned officer recovers and returns to office? any info/ exp ??? if someone has idea how office work in Germany??

Also, is there any alternate...any other general phone no. or mail id who can answer?? like some central office or something??

Is there anything at all I could do...?

Thanks...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/14 12:49 PM as a reply to Anu.
The ABH office is obliged to answer, no matter which caseworker is absent. Write a letter to the office, you will get a reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/14 3:48 PM as a reply to Anu.
Hallo ak,

5 months is the normal time frame for a spouse visa to germany. Some are lucky to get the process finished in 5 weeks.

I see some reasons for the delay in your case:
  • You applied on Dec 16th in Chennai consualte. Most people in germany are in holiday between Dec15-Jan15. There might be a possibility that your case officer would have been on holiday. So if you apply in Dec or in August which are the holiday seasons in Germany, you should count 4 extra weeks for the processing
  • In April there are Easter holidays. Again a delay of 2 weeks can be expected
  • In May and June there are a plenty of long weekends with pulic holidays in germany
  • Ocassional illness of the Beamter. It's not uncommon for people in Germany to take a week off just for flu.
It's not that your case officer will take all those leave mentioned above, but he has to support other collegues in the ABH, who might be on leave.

Instead of writing to ABH, ask you husband to go ABH personally and verify about the status in german language. Definitely the response will be more positive once you communicate with ABH personally in german language.

-coolguy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/17/14 7:18 PM as a reply to coolguy munich.
Hello everyone...emoticon
I finally got my visa and am here in Germany.... Thanks for all the suggestions and support...emoticon

(For future applicants and analysers like me ;))
This is what happened: 

December 16th 2013:  Applied for family re-union visa in chennai consulate
 (In between I did not call or mail them)

February 10th 2014:  Called ABH as chennai consulate didnt answer... I was told that marriage verification has been initiated on Jan 31st itself

(Meanwhile nothing happened here in Chennai)

Feb 27th 2014: Got a mail asking for original marriage certificate (No idea what took so much time to just inform me!)

March 1st 2014: I submitted the docs for verification.
(Then I did not bother them for a month)

April 15th 2014: Called Chennai GC and was told that I may get an update in 2 weeks

May 5th 2014: Got a register post saying that my marriage verification is complete and report has been sent to ABH. Originals were also returned. (No receipt for 20000 whatsoever!!)
(One good thing was that they did not send any investigation officer to my home)

May 21st 2014: I mailed Chennai consulate asking for status and got a reply that said my visa can be issued.  emoticon

May 27th 2014: Submitted my passport for stamping and got it back on the following Tuesday 4th June 2014.I travelled on the very same day….emoticon

Few points to note that might come handy…
1.     My husband is a researcher, salary, house requirements meet,
2.     I have A1 certificate, professional degree.
3.     A very much valid marriage certi and also a CD containing footage of registration from sub-registrar office.
4.     House rental agreement has both of our names in it
5.     TK (health insurance) covered mine too…

Maybe by submitting few extra things we avoided investigation officer and also my husband was never inquired by ABH.
It took 5 months, thanks to the vacation and holidays and sick leaves…J, I guess.

P.S: This forum is gold. I got so much info that I started analyzing and applying it in my case…J
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott