Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

If I got new job in Sweden, Do I need to return back my Bluecard..??

Toggle
If I got new job in Sweden, Do I need to return back my Bluecard..??
bluecard job relocation
Answer
3/3/14 8:58 AM
Hi all,

I am staying in Geramny since 2 years with my wife. I (me and my wife) have bluecard Visa from Germany. 4 months back I lost my job and I am staying with  arbeistlose geld. Recently I have attaended one interview in Sweden and I almost cleared the interview(not confirmaed but I have fair chanses) and they are agreed to process my visa (not blue card).

here I have few questions 

1) My wife bluecard validity is getting expired (German govt gave visa for my wife for 1 year and for me it is 4 years). With my job searching  visa Is it possible for my to extend her visa for one more year..? (She want to extent her visa for one more year because she want to study German language and planning to study further here (already cleared b2 level and planning to attend TestDAF))

2) When I am leaving Germany to Sweden for new job Do I need to inform auslanderamt regarding my relocation to Sweden and do I need to return back mein and my wife Blue card visa ..?

3) For my wife German language course in Germany  
a) in case if my wife needs to return German Bluecard then she need to apply for visa for learnining German language or she can stay with sweden visa..?

Please help me with your valuable comments

Regards,
Rao
0 (0 Votes)

RE: If I got new job in Sweden, Do I need to return back my Bluecard..??
Answer
3/3/14 9:07 AM as a reply to Sambasiva Mudigonda Rao.
1) Assuming you are still searching job and not moving to Sweden. They might but you have to enquire.

2) You will need to inform ABH. Sweden become country of residence. You will loose your residence permit and you have to inform arbeitsamt and stop arbeitlosgeld. Your wife will probably loose her residence permit as well. Since there is no basis for her to stay in Germany. She is no more dependent on any German resident. You are not a German resident then.

3) Why all this circus? Let her join you in Sweden and learn German.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/14 9:28 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks cebit, for your quick reply

from your 2) point it is make sence that she will lose her german residance because Sweden will be my country of Residence (and she has dependent visa) 

for your 3) point: I have try to call some of Germana language schools in Sweden but they are not planning the start the required course in comming 1-2 months so my wife decides to stay here and attend...

so to attend language Classes, My wife need to apply for visa or with swidesh visa she can attaend ..????
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/14 6:45 AM as a reply to Sambasiva Mudigonda Rao.
Bluecard is the property of ABH. You will have to return it.

Explain that you are moving to Sweden because of job and your wife has to do one German course in Germany. It would take max. x months and she wants to continue in the same school. Request them to allow her to stay for 6 months and also tell them visa processing may take time for her. 

I have heard of one case they did allow dependent spouse to stay in Germany for upto 6 months after the spouse left for another EU country for work. In some cases they allow.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
3/4/14 5:44 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks cebit,

I will contact ausländeramt and request them to extent my wife visa .

thanks alot for your information...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18