Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Passport for a new born baby

Toggle
Passport for a new born baby
Answer
2/21/14 3:50 PM
Hello Friends,

I am from India and I am in Germany for 4.5 yrs. I am working as a IT consultant from 2 years, recently I have also received my German NE. My wife is holding Indian passport and we are blessed with baby last week, my question is what passport will my child is elegible for?, Indian or German, 

1.If it is Indian passport what is the procedure to apply and how long will it take to get the passport?

2.If it is German passport:what is the procedure to apply and how long will it take to get the passport?

Please help me get the right information since I am confused and have seen different posts here but I dont get the clarity on this issue.

Thanks in Advance
Kannan
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Passport for a new born baby
Answer
2/21/14 7:40 PM as a reply to Kumar.Rama Rao Kannan.
Hi Kannan,

We also had a baby in December 2013. So I can provide updated info as much as I can.

As far as I know your baby will not be eligible for German passport.
Acc. to my knowledge, if one of the spouse is living here for more than 8 years, then baby is eligible for German passport. 
Go through StAG to find out about the exact law.

In my case (in bayern), they didn't count study time for this 8 years.
I am living here since over 8 years (2.5 years study and rest employment).

So the only option available for you is to apply for Indian passport.

Go through following link to apply for Indian passport:
http://www.indianembassy.de/pages.php?id=15
For further info, search the forum.

In case of queries it is better to ask the respective autorities, you will get precise info.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Passport for a new born baby
Answer
1/15/16 12:49 PM as a reply to Kumar.Rama Rao Kannan.
Kumar.Rama Rao Kannan:
Hello Friends,

I am from India and I am in Germany for 4.5 yrs. I am working as a IT consultant from 2 years, recently I have also received my German NE. My wife is holding Indian passport and we are blessed with baby last week, my question is what passport will my child is elegible for?, Indian or German, 

1.If it is Indian passport what is the procedure to apply and how long will it take to get the passport?

2.If it is German passport:what is the procedure to apply and how long will it take to get the passport?

Please help me get the right information since I am confused and have seen different posts here but I dont get the clarity on this issue.

Thanks in Advance
Kannan
Hallo kannan,

please tell me which passport u got for your child... I also staying here for 4.5 years., 

please share your views..

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3