Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

What is the living space requirement for the family reunion visa?

Toggle
Hi All,

Does any one know what is the minimum area requirement of apartment for family reunion visa?

my wife and two kids have applied for the family reunion visa on 6th Feb 2014. Currently I have currently registered my residence in a one room apartment ( 30 sq.m) but plan to move to a two or three room apartment in near future  ( once my family´s visa is approved)

I would also like to know if I need to have an apartment registerd on my name satisfying the min area requirement or they agree If I show the contract for bigger apartment during verfication of documents at foreign office germany.

Regards,
Madhu
0 (0 Votes)

RE: What is the living space requirement for the family reunion visa?
Answer
2/20/14 1:22 PM as a reply to madhu kiran karanam.
12.5 sq. m per person. In your case = 50 sq m.

When the file reaches your ABH, they will ask for your housing contract. The contract in your name only. It is fine if you show at that point. Family visa is approved only when you show the housing contract.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/14 2:10 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi Madhu

Your current apartment area 30 sq.m is too less for your family. You can share a housing contract of bigger house, even for a later today....once any query comes from ABH.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Sanjay
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/14 3:31 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks Cebit and Sanjay.

I hope there is not limit on number of rooms from lebo, as when I search for the apartments most immobilien companies have restriction on number of people as well.
For me with two kids they are providing only 3 room apartments.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/14 8:33 PM as a reply to madhu kiran karanam.
3 room here is not 3 BHK here in Germany. I hope you know that. They MAY expect you to have a 2 BHK atleast.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/27/18 4:23 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi,
Currently I am staying in 30 square meters house (1bed room and kitchen) in Stuttgart. My wife is in India. We are expecting baby in 3 months. 
So for 2 adults and 1 kid, how much space is required. Will current house is sufficient.
If not, In case If I need to change house, my concern is we are planning to apply for VISA in october. By that time kid will be 3 months old. So before applying family reunion visa only  I need to change the house and show the house agreement with requried space?.
Why I am asking is, now a days it is taking more time to get  approval for family reunion visas(4-8 months). So if I shift to new house at the time of visa applicaiton and waiting for their visa approval will not be a good option.
Request you to please suggest me on how to proceed further.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/27/18 4:46 PM as a reply to Kiran Mohan Chaganti.
You can rent someone on short term basis basis by renting 2 room appartment. 
I think the required living space is 12 QM per person, you can find it with google search.
Hope it helps.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/27/18 5:31 PM as a reply to javi alco.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.  But I have seen few other sites there it is mentioned that for kids seperate room is requried. Is it correct?. Also as you said for each person 12 Sqmts but is this for newly born babies as well. Actually I couldnt able to find this info when I tried in google. Thats why I posted.

Also is there any way to request to Embassy to process VISA approval faster by showing some dependent support  need or dependent help incase of health issues.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/27/18 6:31 PM as a reply to Kiran Mohan Chaganti.
jedes Familienmitglied über 6 Jahren 12 Quadratmeter und für jedes Familienmitglied unter 6 Jahren 10 Quadratmeter Wohnfläche zur Verfügung stehen und Nebenräume (Küche, Bad, WC)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/18 10:36 AM as a reply to javi alco.
Okay.Thanks for your quick response :-)
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
4/5/18 5:12 PM as a reply to madhu kiran karanam.
Today I received the letter from Immigration office - they refused my family reunion permit for my wife and my son (2 years old) due to the size of the apartment. My current one is 2.5 room and they request that minimun 3.5 is required. My landloard agreed to invite my wife and my son to live in this apartment.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/18 10:38 AM as a reply to Jadea Asong Rosalia.
how many square meters is your flat?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/1/18 5:54 PM as a reply to Kiran Mohan Chaganti.
Kiran Mohan Chaganti:
Okay.Thanks for your quick response :-)

Hello Kiran, 
I fall under same situation as you are.
Have you get dependent visa for your family  ?
How long it take for them?
Is that house 30 sqm is enough to live for approval? 

I have applied dependent visa for my spouse and 3months old baby for biometric interview in chennai on Wednesday. Please reply. 

Thanks 
Lakshmi Narayanan R 
+4915175729071 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7