Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Name change in Indian passport - Format for news paper advertisement in Ind

Toggle
Dear Guys,
I would like to extend my surname in Indian passport. For that I need to announce change of name in the local news paper in India. But when I approached the news paper agent he demands Gazette notification copy for accepting the advertisement. But Indian consulate does not require Gazette notification to change name...but the news paper-wala. How to handle this situation. Any experiences?

Also, what should be the format?

1. I am announcing that I will be changing my name from 'xxxx' to 'YYYYY'

OR

2. I would like to change my name from 'xxxx' to 'YYYYY'. Who ever has any objection shall notify their concerns with Indian consulate- Germany with in 15 days from today?

Please share with me if any of you have a format prepared by lawer or other competent authority.

Any kind of lead would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Kumaran
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Name change in Indian passport - Format for news paper advertisement in
Answer
4/1/10 10:15 PM as a reply to Elangkumaran Subbarayan.
Hi,

I did change the name few weeks ago. Deccan herald said they need a gazette copy or something like this. But i tried with Times and its quite simple. check with them at www.Ads2book.com or email tcteam@timesgroup.com they will also correct the contents and do the formating
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Name change in Indian passport - Format for news paper advertisement in
Answer
4/2/10 11:48 AM as a reply to Elangkumaran Subbarayan.
Hi Truster,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

"Just I am announcing the change of name..."

Or

"I am changing the name, who ever has concerns can contact Indian consulate..."?

Q1) Which of the above is acceptable format for Indian consulate?

Also we need the original paper copy of the ad. when we submit the application for name change.

Q2) Did Ads2book sent you some copies to Germany (for extra payment) or Did you ask your local contacts to send it to Germany?

Q3) What is format to put the ad. Germany? Just translate the Indian ad. format to Germany and publish?

I googled for weeks to get some info regarding the format etc. but no clear leads.

Truster, I request you to kindly guide me on the above question from your first hand experience.

Thanks a lot.
Kumaran
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3