Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Job Seeker Visa - (Former Niederlassungerlaubnis Holder)

Toggle
Dear Fellows,

I would really appreciate if someone can share an experience of applying for Job Seeker's visa out of Germany. I have previously held Niederlassungerlaubnis after working for about six years in Germany. I have M.Sc. from German university as well. I have been away from Germany for many years now, but looking into the possibility of working again in Germany. I am based in Pakistan at the moment. Couple of times I have contacted Germany Embassy in Islamabad regarding the Job Seeker Visa, but they dont bother to reply.

Has anyone applied for the Job Seeker's Visa from Islamabad Embassy and would like to share the experience?

Having held a Niederlassungerlaubnis in the past can help me receivinng the Blue Card or Job Seeker's Visa? The embassy was very prompt in replying my query about Niederlassungerlaubnis that it was not valid anymore and I could not travel to Germany, but unfortunately they do not return emails regarding questions about the Blue Card and Job Seeks Visa.

I look forward for your comments.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Job Seeker Visa - (Former Niederlassungerlaubnis Holder)
Answer
1/31/14 6:33 PM as a reply to Adnan.
Hello,

To be eligible for Blue Card you need to have a work contract. Without a work contract it is not possible. For job seeker visa, you need to apply after your graduation. Many years later I don't think they will accept that. Sorry for giving you bad news, I'm not 100% certain, but I believe you cannot apply for either of them.

If you want to go to Germany and search for a job there, there are volunteer/trainee visas although you will be paid little or not at all. I unfortunately have no detailed knowledge about those visas.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/14 4:48 PM as a reply to Arnhem.
@arnhem

The guy wants to know how to apply for a job seeker visa from Pakistan. The information you provided pertains to the jobseeker visa meant FOR recent graduates of German universities. Yes, it is correct that a graduate of a German university has 18 months to look for a job. For @backtogermany this is not the case as he explicity mentioned that he has been outside Germany for many years. This means he wants to know how to apply for a 6 month job seeker visa for which he is certainly eligible.

------------------------------------------------------------
@backtogermany
I am posting below some guidelines taken from a page that seems to be offline currently. This is the cached version of (www.bitxperts.com/Information/ImmigrationAndVisaProcess)

Good luck!

German Job Seeker Visa For Pakistan Residents

As of 1 August 2012 graduates with a German or otherwise recognised university or foreign
degree that compares to German qualifications, will be eligible to enter Germany to seek employment.
Holders of a jobseekers´ visa may stay in Germany for up to six months to find employment.

To apply for the job seekers' visa please follow the steps below:

• If you are planning to apply from Islamabad (Pakistan), reserve an appointment with the embassy. Online reservation is not required if you planning to apply from Karachi.

• Download and fill the followings:
    1. Application form for long term work visa
    2. Declaration in English/Urdu
    3. Security questionnaire

• Other Required Documents:
    1. Updated resume with educational certificates and experience letters
    2. Travel Health Insurance
    3. Sponsor Letter (if any)
    4. Proof of support funds (Bank statement covering
      finances of 6 months stay, approximately 4000 euros and preferably of
      Duetsche Bank Blocked Account)
    5. Bank statement of your salary account covering the last 6 months
    6. Original and translation of your birth certificate in english
    7. Print out of email for online appointment reservation (only if applying from Islamabad)
    8. A hand written motivation letter addressed to Visa Officer

• For married individuals:
    1. Nikah Nama & Marraige Certificate
    2. Birth Certificates of spouse and childern

• Following are the documents that the visa officer may ask you to produce:
    1. Print out of Anabin web page as a proof for recognition of your university.

2. Like in my case, I applied for Canadian Immigration back in 2007. The Canadian Government passed
      the legislation to clear the queue of applications without giving them a chance of consideration. My
      application was also impacted by that legislation and hence returned. I was told to show the application
      submission response from Canadian Embassy and the document stating the retun of my application.

The visa officer will ask you questions about your educational career and your professional career, therefore, your answers must be in accordance with your resume. Any difference will create doubts in the mind of visa officer and may bear negative impacts for your visa process.
--------------------------------------------------------------
(This is the admin of that webpage and his contact info. Since it was published on their website publicly I suppose it is OK to post it here)

I'll keep updating this information as soon as I'll have any update.

Posted by: Imran Nazir

Cell: +92.333.4284894

Email: imirza10@gmail.com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/11/14 9:29 PM as a reply to cicero.
@cicero: Thanks for such a detailed and to the point reply. It would help other forum members as well.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott