Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NE or not? Any suggestions are highly appreciated !

Toggle
Hello!

My situation is quite unusual, however I hope someone can help!

I lived and worked in Germany for 4 years from Sept 2001 until Sept 2005. Initially I had GC and Aufenthaltserlaubnis until 22.07.06 . This permit allowed me to work for my company only. In Sep 2005 I changed it for another one with BE, which is also valid until 22.07.06
In Oct 2005 I went to UK to study. I am doing a 1-year MBA course in a prestigious university.
I am still registered in Germany and come here from time to time. Recently I got a letter from AB that I have an appointment on 26.07 to prolong my visa.
After graduation in Sept I want to search for a job in Germany , therefore my goal is to have a visa that allows to work.

The questions are:
Why they gave an appointment after my visa expired? Could it create additional problems? Should I try to change it ? I can stay in Germany up to 3 months without visa.

Which kind of visa I can get? Despite I resigned at the end of August 2005, I was getting some pay from my old company until March 2006 ( last salary slip is February).I did not register in Arbeitsamt. I have read in the forum that I can get 12-18 months prolongation? Is it right?

Which kind of stories I should tell in AB? To tell them about my study and my plans to find a job here or not? Do I need to show some savings?

Would it help , if I tell that I want to set up a new business in Germany after my study is over?

Thanks a lot and i am waiting for your answeres!
Nataly
0 (0 Votes)

Re: NE or not? Any suggestions are highly appreciated !
Answer
6/7/06 2:23 AM as a reply to nataly vagner.
Well, it can be problematic if they (the ABH) consider that your lebenmittelspunkt has moved to the UK. What I would advise is that you start looking for a Job in Germany that begins in or after September, and that you can prove that you have been travelling regularly to Germany. Just in case, it would be useful to have some letter from your UK university stating when you will finish your studies and your current grades.

regards,
-a

Btw, If you are in London, we are planning on having a meeting soon.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/7/06 2:13 PM as a reply to nataly vagner.
Hi aalvarez! thanks for the answer. Would like to come to your meeting.
Pls write me : nataliava_2002@yahoo.com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/7/06 5:38 PM as a reply to nataly vagner.
it is not important that they called you on 26.
you can come and prolong your visa whenever you want.
and much better is NOW before your visa expires. otherwise you could get kicked out.
so call them see what papers they want and so on.

but situation is shitty cos they ussualy take 3 last salaries slips to extend your visa.
and if you are not working they extend visa for only 3 months and after it if you have no job BACK HOME.
are you working in UK
you are on their mercy now. they can throw you away without problems.
I must say you did quite a bad planning

on tip:
call few ABH beside your own and see what would they say
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/11/06 8:50 PM as a reply to nataly vagner.
but situation is shitty cos they ussualy take 3 last salaries slips to extend your visa.

true, and if you give them falsified ones they can even revoke german citizenship if they find out about that, revoke even when you are married to a german. there was one case when victim of such decision tried to protect himself, constutional court decided that german citizenship was revoked correctly

i would make some small business here in germany while studying in UK in order to be able to show them that i have income sufficient for living here, but it seems it's too late for that now

aalvarez made a right advice in this case. one thing to add: in any case apply for prolongation before your current residence permit expires (best case - in one day before it expires), apply for it in writing (get their form before - some friend can do that), fax your application and ask for 1-year-prolongation. applying on 21.07. is better 'cause you get more time then if officials decide to reject your application, time that should be sufficient to find some job here or to open your own business after finishing your studies in UK but before you will have no right to live in Germany
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/14/06 3:46 PM as a reply to nataly vagner.
I tried to follow advice of DvD and call different ABH ( Koeln, Hannover, Frankfurt) , but they ask for my data and address, which they check to get into personal file. Was it my bad luck ? Is there any way i can try to tell them different stories and check their reaction?
does someone has experience with Duesseldorf ABH? They seems to be very unflexible emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/15/06 3:34 AM as a reply to nataly vagner.
The reason why they need your address is that only the ABH of the commune where you did your anmeldung has your file, and is responsible for deciding on your case, everytime you move city, your physical file gets sent around. That was one of the main reasons why they are trying to unify the naturalisation criteria, so that people don't go around registering in cities where it's less strict, to get the paperwork.

Regards,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3