Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Employment/Permanent Residence

Toggle
Employment/Permanent Residence
Answer
1/29/14 11:06 PM
Hello,

I have a couple of questions, I would be glad if you could answer them. Before asking my questions I have to provide my background information:

Citizenship: Turkish, born in 1985, B1 certificate German.

2009-2011: M.Sc. in Biology, in BaWu. On scholarship, student visa § 16.

2011-2016: PhD Student - wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter, in BaWu. Student visa § 16, employment contract TV-L E13 50% (part-time).

2016 onwards: Postdoc in Germany, TV-L E13 100% salary, temporary contract, although I would also consider less salary or working in a company.

I really would like to get a Niederlassungserlaubnis eventually, however I'm not sure at all what my chances are. After getting my PhD, I'll have a postdoc position however not all the details regarding the job is clarified. What I know for sure is that it won't be a permanent job, and most likely I can keep it/find another for 3-4 years, after that unemployment is quite possible. During Postdoc I will be paid 32000-42000 Jahresbrutto.

I'm unsure about getting a Blue Card, I talked to ABH and they said depending on the salary I can get a § 18 work permit instead. I know you can apply for NE with Blue Card after 21 months even with a temporary contract, but I have no idea about NE when you are on § 18 work permit. Does anybody have an idea?

I also don't know how complex ZAV regulations are and if they can be a problem for Blue Card or § 18.

Can you share with me your knowledge/experiences? Do you think I can eventually settle in Germany with NE even if I have § 18 work permit?

Sorry for the long post and thank you for your time.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Employment/Permanent Residence
Answer
1/31/14 9:59 AM as a reply to Arnhem.

Hi,

What I know is: after working for 24 month with § 18 work permit (+B1 language certificate) you will be eligible for permanent residence permit. 

regards,
Sara
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/31/14 1:08 PM as a reply to Arnhem.
@arnhem

If NE is really important for you, than I would suggest to de-register as Student from your University and change your visa to §18 (Work Permit).

So with 48 months of Renteversicherung (2011-2016) and another 12 months (half of your time as Student, 2009-2011) you might be eligible for NE. This offcourse is not straight forward and you need to do a lot of convincing and in the end it will depend on your case-worker and how they interpret law for you.

Good luck and keep us posted. Raj++

P.S: this is not a legal advice.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/31/14 5:23 PM as a reply to R V.
Thanks a lot for your answers. I was afraid that I need 5 years with §18 permit to apply for NE, and I think as you say that is the case. I'm not sure I will manage to be employed 5 years in Germany, it may be hard as a Postdoc. The other option would be getting a Blue Card but for this they require a high salary. I asked ABH if I could change my students permit to §18 but she said no you have to finish your PhD and find a job. Although I had the feeling that she didn't understand completely. I think it is unfair that a person stays 10+ years in a country and they still don't give a permanent residency. Anyways, thanks again for your answers and have a good weekend.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott