Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

retaining German PR(niederlassungerlaubnis) outside Germany

Toggle
friends,
i am living and working in germany for last 6 years and 6 months. is it possible to retain my PR while living and working outside Germany and non EU country such as Canada or Australia. Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: retaining German PR(niederlassungerlaubnis) outside Germany
Answer
7/19/07 6:38 PM as a reply to subir subir.
hi,
if you are registered in Germany then your visa stays valid. Maybe you can ask if you can register at a friends place
Cheers
Dana
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/07 1:53 AM as a reply to subir subir.
Hi dana17,

Thanks for the reply.
if i simply register to friends place, then what will be my staus such as . Current employer, tax status, insurance etc. Cant i apply for something like two years absence applcation due to employment/project in other country.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/07 1:35 PM as a reply to subir subir.
It is not as easy as Dana writes. The possibility of registering in germany with someone's address and travelling once in 6 months to germany have been discussed lot of times and agreed that its a risky propotion. We have not heard of one success story so far....

Since you will be eligible for Citizenship if you can do Integration course, go for it and then leave the country. You would be stupid if you have stayed 6.5 years and could not wait for another year or so to have a permanent solution.

If you have passable German then you dont have to attend the classes and take the ZD exam directly. What left will be is only Orientation course which will be completed in three weekends.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/07 1:29 AM as a reply to subir subir.
Hi Raj,

Thanks for the valuable suggestions.
Do i need to appear for writeen exam to get the ZD? What is orientation course ? Whom to contact ?

Thanks again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/07 4:23 AM as a reply to subir subir.
Information for ZD is here
http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/prf/zd/deindex.htm

Information for Oreintierung course is here

www.vhs.de
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/07 1:44 AM as a reply to subir subir.
Thanks Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/25/07 1:14 AM as a reply to subir subir.
Hi Raj,

I was in auslanderamt to check if citizenship applications accepted before 8 years. the officials straightaway rejected saying that their is no possiblity for me to apply before completing 8 years. Do you have some references to , i can ask officials to re-think. Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/25/07 12:47 PM as a reply to subir subir.
He would have said that because you still havent got your Integration course Certificate. Once you have that certificate then it will be reduced to 7 years

http://www.einbuergerung.de/gesetz.pdf

See section §10.5.3 on Page 2.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/25/07 1:41 PM as a reply to subir subir.
Correct!!

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3