Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Health Insurance - Private or Public

Toggle
Health Insurance - Private or Public
Answer
11/12/09 1:33 AM
Hi,

I have a quesion here regarding health insurance.

Can I go for Private health insurance once my salary is above 48.000 Euros p.a?

Thanks,
Akil.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Health Insurance - Private or Public
Answer
11/12/09 1:48 AM as a reply to Akil Kom.
You have to have it more than 48000 for the past 3 years to go private

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versicherungspflichtgrenze
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/12/09 6:36 AM as a reply to Akil Kom.
Hi Raj,

Thanks for the info.

Rgds,
Akil.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/12/09 1:59 PM as a reply to Akil Kom.
There is another question regarding health insurance:-

If someone is a German immigrant/German but working and living in India then what happen with health insurance and TAX ?

1. Does he need to pay TAX in Germany ? ( let say he is getting salary from India, Let me also know the case if he receive salary from Germany )
2. Is it possible to keep German health insurance if not then how it is possible to get or keep German health insurance facility ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/12/09 2:32 PM as a reply to Akil Kom.
>>1. Does he need to pay TAX in Germany ? ( let say he is getting salary from India, Let me also know the case if he receive salary from Germany )

If there is no german salary, then no tax aswell.

>>2. Is it possible to keep German health insurance if not then how it is possible to get or keep German health insurance facility ?

Why would any sane person pay for the health insurance in germany when not living here? The money one pays here for 6 months will be enough for a heart transplant somewhere.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/13/09 2:48 PM as a reply to Akil Kom.
You can keep your insurance by paying anwartschaft - check with your insurance regarding the amount.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/14/09 9:42 PM as a reply to Akil Kom.
Hi,

Adding to this thread I would like to raise another question here.

My future employer said they will pay 50% of my health insurance, but I do not see any clause pertain to this in the contract.

Can I ask my employer to add this in the contract or is it a normal thing that every employer should have to pay 50% of the H.insurance?

And many more other things which in the discussion are not found in the Contract written.

Things like, daily travel expenses, Car rental amount etc..

Can I ask them to add all these in the contract?

Thanks,
Akil.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/15/09 1:15 AM as a reply to Akil Kom.
@hellonews,
//1. Does he need to pay TAX in Germany ? ( let say he is getting salary from India, Let me also know the case if he receive salary from Germany )
2. Is it possible to keep German health insurance if not then how it is possible to get or keep German health insurance facility ?//

if you are getting salary in germany then you must pay taxes here. In regards to health insurance, you can pause it for the time you are in india and when you return to germany you should start paying.Note that for pausing the health insurance your comapny must write to the insurance firm, they will not acknowledge if you simply ask directly. insurance firm need a letter from your german comapany.,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/12/10 4:40 PM as a reply to Akil Kom.
which is the advantage of taking private. will it be cheaper for me if I take it, i.e. would I get more "netto" salary?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/10 4:24 AM as a reply to Akil Kom.
@mrkermit : Depends on your age and also the premium for your PRIVATE health insurance. If you do not do proper homework, you might end up having less netto with PKV than when in GKV and of course it is most of the times better service for PKV Versicherte persons.

and honestly , it has been discussed few times in this forum. Please take some to read through old posts with some key words.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott