Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Verplichtungserklärung (Sponsorship letter for studies)

Toggle
I would like to send Verpflichtungserklärung(financial support for the studies) for my Wife, who is currently in India and she is applying for a Student Visa. Are the procedures for obtaining this letter similar to the one for Tourist purposes.Any inputs would be very helpful.
Thanks.
P.S: Family reunion visa was rejected earlier due to the 2 year rule and Student visa seems to be the only option
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Verplichtungserklärung (Sponsorship letter for studies)
Answer
7/15/09 6:55 PM as a reply to prabster nab.
Ask you local Bürgeramt. They should be able to tell if you can use the letter for Student visa purposes.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 2:08 AM as a reply to prabster nab.
@bodymindsoul86

Would you kindly later post result of the student visa of your wife ? i.e. Did (whenever) student visa for your wife got approved?

Would be helpful for others like you.

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 11:49 AM as a reply to prabster nab.
Hi,
for the Tourist purpose is quite normal but for studies, Bürgeramt will calculate your netto income. per person is around 650€ per month, if u fullfil this they can give u the Verpflichtungserklärung. But it doesnt mean that you can get the student visa. Depends upon the visa officer in India

Best of luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 12:48 PM as a reply to prabster nab.
Thanks for ur inputs.

Definitely I wud keep my situation informed as it could be of some help to others.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 12:51 PM as a reply to prabster nab.
Its better to put the 7700euros in bank account and applying for DD which will avoid questions from the consulate.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/27/09 2:52 AM as a reply to prabster nab.
@bodymindsoul86

Can you please update the status/result of your wifes visa application and what kind of sponsorship letter (Verplichtungserklärung ) did you sent if any.

Thanks
Rits
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3