Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Time for processing visa to Germany

Time for processing visa to Germany
Answer
3/11/09 12:46 PM
Can anyone please help me with this. I'm Vietnamese and currently apply family unification visa to come and live with my husband in Germany. I have applied visa from late October 2008 at German Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam and my document is now under verification. Could you please let me know how long would it take to complete documents verification. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Time for processing visa to Germany
Answer
3/11/09 1:13 PM as a reply to Bich Thuy Bui.
Ask your husband to contact the "Auslanderbehorde" in his city. In the mean time you contact the German Embassy in Hanoi and enquire why it is taking so long. It is unusual to take so long.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/09 5:20 AM as a reply to Bich Thuy Bui.
Hallo, thanks for your response and advise. I will ask my husband to go the "Auslanderbehorde" and will go to the German Embassy in Hanoi to ask about my visa status. Thanks again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/09 5:27 PM as a reply to Bich Thuy Bui.
I don't want to discourage you, but I think that you or your husband should have heard something from the authorities long ago.

The fact that after 4.5 months you still didn't hear anything only shows that something was wrong in the application/Case in the 1st place.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/09 3:18 AM as a reply to Bich Thuy Bui.
I have heard of rare cases, where family reunification visas were processed for 6 months.

As Raj told,
Contacting the consulate and Ausländerbehorde in the corresponding city is the best way.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott