Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues

Toggle
Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Pratik Patel 1/2/14 5:02 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues R V 1/3/14 2:07 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Pratik Patel 1/3/14 10:42 AM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Nickson Craig 1/4/14 1:18 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues R V 1/6/14 8:33 AM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Nickson Craig 1/6/14 7:23 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Farhana Tasmim 3/5/18 8:36 AM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Nickson Craig 2/24/14 10:33 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Wim Hannover 2/25/14 4:16 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Nickson Craig 2/28/14 5:50 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Wim Hannover 2/28/14 8:13 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Nickson Craig 2/28/14 11:27 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Nickson Craig 3/18/14 2:05 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Wim Hannover 3/18/14 2:19 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Nickson Craig 3/18/14 2:22 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Wim Hannover 3/18/14 7:12 PM
RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues Nickson Craig 4/24/14 11:54 PM
Hello,

My Wife has applied Family Re-Union Visa from Mumbai German Embassy and below is the detail about date.

08.10.2013 - My Wife has given Interview and all the document require for Visa at Mumbai German Consulate

25.10.2013 - Got email from Mumbai embassy that pay 17000 rupees for ur marriage verification.

13.11.2013 - Marriage Verification person came to our house and completed the marriage verification procedure.

23.11.2013 - I got that letter from ABH that your wife file came so please come to our office with following documents (Blue Card, 3 month Salary, electricity bill). I went to office with document they said you have to wait until February because right now in testing period(probezeit) at job. I talk everything to my boss. He agree to give me letter saying that your testing period will ended by November.

02.12.2013 - I went again with all the document (3 month salary slip, electricity bill as well as job contract saying that testing period is ended by november). So lady at ABH,Wiesbaden accepted everything. Then i ask how much time still required to get Visa. She said I am waiting for Marriage Verification letter from India. Once I get it i will check and send everything back.

06.12.2013 - I call to lady in ABH and ask that did u get the letter. She said yes and I have done everything from here(Germany) so if you need more information regarding Visa then ask to Mumbai, India. But I am not sure that did she had approved the Visa or not?

30.12.2013 - My wife call to Mumbai Consulate, they said we are waiting for document from Germany. Once we received the document you will get the Visa.

02.01.2014 - Today I again talk with same lady at ABH, Wiesbaden(Germany). She is only saying to me that she had did everything from here(Germany). I told her that Mumbai embassy have not received document from Germany. Then she said again same thing that everything is done from Germany and suggest me to email to Mumbai Consulate and ask about the status of Visa.

Today My wife had email to mumbai German Embassy to know about status. But everyone knows they will not going to reply as quickly. So do anybody have the email id where we can get the current status or any idea what to do further because on 8th of January 2014, officially it would be 12 week finished for the Visa application.

Please let me know any suggestion asap.

Thanks, 
Pratik.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family Re-union Visa or Spouse Visa for Germany has Issues
Answer
1/3/14 2:07 PM as a reply to Pratik Patel.
Hi Pratik,

some ABH are nowadays using "email" as the primary means for communication with Embassies and consulates throughout the world. However some consulates still require the ABH to send them the official confirmation through post. Here is how "offcial post and German Bureaucracy" works;

- ABH sends the document to Auswärtiges Amt (AA) in Berlin (usually it takes one week)
- Every fortnight AA sends a complete package to the respective consulate with Passports and Visa approvals etc etc (alltogether 2-3 weeks process)
- The staff at local Embassy/Consulate sorts out the post according to their priority list and contacts the respective applicants accordingly. (1-2 weeks)

So if you add up the recent holiday season to it, than it will be around mid of January (approx.) that your wife will get a call or email from Embassy. So have some patience, as when your case worker said she has done her job it means she approved it, but still Embassy has the final say thats why she cannot say exactly what you want to hear.

Good luck and keep us posted!

P.S: this is not a legal advice
+2 (2 Votes)

Answer
1/3/14 10:42 AM as a reply to R V.
Hello Raj,

Thank you very much for giving very useful information.

Now i am completely satifisfy with my question. Because as u said visa has been approved as well as u explain the entire process of courier.

Hope to get call or email very soon from embassy.

Thanks a lot

Regards,
Pratik
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/4/14 1:18 PM as a reply to R V.
raj2009:
Hi Pratik,

some ABH are nowadays using "email" as the primary means for communication with Embassies and consulates throughout the world. However some consulates still require the ABH to send them the official confirmation through post. Here is how "offcial post and German Bureaucracy" works;

- ABH sends the document to Auswärtiges Amt (AA) in Berlin (usually it takes one week)
- Every fortnight AA sends a complete package to the respective consulate with Passports and Visa approvals etc etc (alltogether 2-3 weeks process)
- The staff at local Embassy/Consulate sorts out the post according to their priority list and contacts the respective applicants accordingly. (1-2 weeks)

So if you add up the recent holiday season to it, than it will be around mid of January (approx.) that your wife will get a call or email from Embassy. So have some patience, as when your case worker said she has done her job it means she approved it, but still Embassy has the final say thats why she cannot say exactly what you want to hear.

Good luck and keep us posted!

P.S: this is not a legal advice
Hi Raj and Pratik 

It is very nice to read your post and having to go through them, I find this website very useful and very informative. I have joined it recently and I am also going through the same process and I would like to ask for some guidance and advice. 

I submitted in my Family reunion visa application 2 months ago now to go and join my German wife whom am married too, when i submitted in my application i was asked to pay the document verification fees and also paid in and was asked to leave both my photocopies and original documents and also my passport. I submitted in without the language certificate because the embassy allows up to 3 months to submit the language certificate so i did my exam last month and the results came out in December 18th and the Goethe Institut said to pick up my language certificate i need to bring my passport with me which was already in the embassy, i went to the embassy and requested for my passport and I was told my passport wasn't in the embassy by 18.12.2013 yet and it was out for verification. And the gentleman at the embassy promised that once my passport is back to the embassy he will give me a call to go and pick up the passport so that I go back to Goethe Institut to pick up my language certificate then bring it to the embassy. 

So the embassy called me yesterday and they told me my passport is now back and I should go and pick it up on monday from the embassy and then i go pick my A1 certificate then bring it in original to the embassy. 

My question now is that is my verification already done here and are the documents ready to be sent to the ABH in Germany for the final approval?

Please advise.

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you so much

Nickson. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/14 8:33 AM as a reply to Nickson Craig.
@nixon

- which Embassy/Consulate you applied at?
- did some detective lawyer contacted you or your family/friends/neighbours?
- if you didnt asked the respective Embassy than you can ask them the status of your application once you visit them to collect your passport or later when you will be submiting your A1 certificate.

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/14 7:23 PM as a reply to R V.
Raj 

Thanks for your response, yes I applied from Kampala Uganda German Embassy. Am a Ugandan and living in Uganda. No the investigators didn't come to our house nor did they visit my friends or other family members. 

Today i was at the embassy and picked my passport and then i went to Goethe Institut and picked my original A1 certificate. Now I picked it and took it back to the embassy sameday today. 

So all he said is that the process is still continuing and they will call me incase of anything. 

Regards

Nixon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/24/14 10:33 PM as a reply to R V.
raj2009:
@nixon

- which Embassy/Consulate you applied at?
- did some detective lawyer contacted you or your family/friends/neighbours?
- if you didnt asked the respective Embassy than you can ask them the status of your application once you visit them to collect your passport or later when you will be submiting your A1 certificate.

Good luck!
Hello friends Hoping that you're all doing just fine. I have just one simple question. My wife has been invited for my spouse visa interview at the ABH. And she has been asked to basically just go with our together photos, some of our skype chats. My question is that when the interview is done are they able to tell her the results if it is approved or are they not able to reveal this to hear? And also how long does it then take to have the embassy here call me after the email has been sent to them from ABH in Germany? Please let me know

Nickson
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/25/14 4:16 PM as a reply to Nickson Craig.
ABH is not obliged to tell you their decision. They will convey their decision to the embassy in your country. They should call you very soon. dont know about the kampala embassy.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/28/14 5:50 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
cebit:
ABH is not obliged to tell you their decision. They will convey their decision to the embassy in your country. They should call you very soon. dont know about the kampala embassy.

Cebit thank you for the response in regards to this. So how long does it take for the embassy to get back to me about the decision from ABH after the interview has happened at the ABH?.. 

Is the decision usually sent by post office or sent by email? I mean the decision sent from ABH to Embassy here?

Thanks once again. 

Nickson
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/28/14 8:13 PM as a reply to Nickson Craig.
Earlier, communication was by diplomatic pouch which was carried by a person from Germany to the embassy and back. Now days, it is online. The decision must have been received within a day after it was sent from ABH. Call up the embassy after a week.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/28/14 11:27 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
cebit:
Earlier, communication was by diplomatic pouch which was carried by a person from Germany to the embassy and back. Now days, it is online. The decision must have been received within a day after it was sent from ABH. Call up the embassy after a week.

Good. I'll call them a week after the interview with ABH then I'll the forum know how it went. 
Thanks so much mean while cebit. I'll also get back soon after the interview is done with her with ABH. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/14 2:05 PM as a reply to Nickson Craig.
nixon:
cebit:

Good. I'll call them a week after the interview with ABH then I'll the forum know how it went. 
Thanks so much mean while cebit. I'll also get back soon after the interview is done with her with ABH. 

Cebit 

Hoping that you're doing well. I wanted to get back to you and let you know that the interview went on well at the embassy and also with my wife in Germany with the ABH. And the following day the Case officer at the ABH told her that our marriage is genuine and he sent a note of visa approval to the Embassy. But then he says that the embassy was still examining our marriage certificate and after the examination goes on then I iwll be able to go and pick my visa and documents. I had already paid the verification fees since last year december 2013 and since then the verification has been going on. 

The approval was done in germany since the first week of this month. And am still waiting for a call from the embassy here. 

What would you advise in this case and what do you think is going on? 

Nixon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/14 2:19 PM as a reply to Nickson Craig.
I am guessing the embassy is doing some more verification. You can wait till the end of the month and write letter/email enquiring about the verification and the visa.They are obliged to get back to you within 3 months after applying for visa.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/14 2:22 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
cebit:
I am guessing the embassy is doing some more verification. You can wait till the end of the month and write letter/email enquiring about the verification and the visa.They are obliged to get back to you within 3 months after applying for visa.

Good luck

Cebit

Thanks for your quick response. It has now been 4 months ever since the time of the application. So its really more than the 3 months. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/14 7:12 PM as a reply to Nickson Craig.
You can enquire if it has been more than 3 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/14 11:54 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
I was trying to find out, How long does it take for the German Embassy to contact me after the approval has been sent from Germany's ABH? Because mine has so far lasted 1 week ever since the approval was sent to the Germany Embassy here from the ABH.

Please advise. 

Thanks. 

Nixon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/5/18 8:36 AM as a reply to Nickson Craig.
Hi Nickson,

I also applied for spouse visa from German embassy of Kampala. Its aleady been more then 6 months.

Could u please tell me, how long times its took for you? Could you also please tell me the full process?

Thanks in advance.

Farhana
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3