Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German Employment Visa

Toggle
German Employment Visa
Answer
12/30/13 10:19 AM
Hello all

I have a job offer from a German company, wherein I shall be working as well as will be able to pursue my PhD. I have applied for an German Work Visa from the Bangalore consulate. Can anybody share their experience on how long does it take for processing? What was the result? What is the rate of Rejections?

Thank you!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German Employment Visa
Answer
12/30/13 4:44 PM as a reply to Iswariya Venkataraman.
I got my visa request approved within 2 and half weeks after application. In my case I qualified for the Blaue Karte (university diploma and signed contract with salary above €46600). Note the company also applied on the Arbeitsamt, perhaps this sped up a bit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/30/13 4:53 PM as a reply to Skzyto Ortolich Ozymandias.
Thank you. Also could you elaborate on what you meant by "the company also applied on the Arbeitsamt"? I am not aware of this? I just submitted the employment form as mentioned in the website http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/en/visa__new/NATIONAL/NATIONAL.html, along with the rest of documnets as mentioned in the checklist. Could you please throw some light on how you submmitted the application?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/30/13 6:01 PM as a reply to Iswariya Venkataraman.
I think they were just overzealous. The blue card may need approval from the Arbeitsamt if the salary range is below €46600, for MINT jobs -- so they started this process beforehand. But it ended up not necessary.

Must also point out my process was from Brazil, so it is slight different (e.g. slightly different forms, no electronic submission)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/30/13 6:18 PM as a reply to Skzyto Ortolich Ozymandias.
oh..oki...thank you for the reply... 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18