Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Schufa + Work Visa !

Toggle
Schufa + Work Visa !
Answer
6/23/05 1:56 AM
Hi All,

I am new for this forum and thanks in advance for any help you could provide. :-)

I am originally from India, doing masters computer science at Universität Magdeburg since April 2003. I'll be finishing course by the end of August. I got a job recently in Mainz as an IT professional and will be starting the work from September 2005.

I got barclay card last year(2004). As I was not in Magdeburg, I did not paid money for barclay card on January 2005 (around 350 €).

They have send a letter on March 2005 saying that my record will be entered in Schufa if the money is not paid. On April, they send a letter that my name was entered in Schufa! I noticed those two letters only last month(May) and immediately paid all the balance amount. I called them and said that I've paid all the amount. But they said that they won't reactivate the card and can't event remove my record from Schufa! Instead they said that they will record in Schufa that I've paid the balance amount.

I am not bothered with the barclay card reactivation but will this Schufa be a problem for my Working Visa !? I am bit worried if this would become problem :-(

It would be great if you could provide your valuable suggestions! Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Jagadeesan Balakrishnan.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Schufa + Work Visa !
Answer
6/23/05 11:58 AM as a reply to Jagadeesan Balakrishnan.
No Schufa can not be problem for Visa but it can be problem if you try to rent a flat or take a credit for flat or even if you try to get Handy Vertrag.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/05 12:08 PM as a reply to Jagadeesan Balakrishnan.
Hi Jagadeesan,

my name is Sabine and I am a lawyer working for trust7. Concerning your question: The hole purpose of the work of the Schufa Holding AG is to save the private economy from failure by giving private credits. If you have an entry into Schufa it will be a problem if you want to buy a car by holdback payment for instance. The Ausländerbehörde will not check your entries into Schufa. They just check your work contract etc. Hence you do not have to worry!

Regards
sabine
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/05 12:58 PM as a reply to Jagadeesan Balakrishnan.
Dear Jagadeesan,

There may be chances from the ABH to get a cert. from SCHUFA, it has happened to me. They said they will issue my visa only if i produce the SCHUFA. So I had to get my cert from Schufa. It is depending on the ABH. It has also happened to my other friend who is a GC here and (also in NRW) he was asked to produce this cert, when he applied for his spouse visa.

Regards, Indian.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/05 3:49 PM as a reply to Jagadeesan Balakrishnan.
@ India: I can hardly believe it. Sure they have to check if the standard of living is assured. Maybe it was the "Schuldnerverzeichnis beim Amtsgericht". There someone gets an entry after he has given a "Eidesstattliche Versicherung" or there is a warrant of arrest to give an "Eidesstattliche Versicherung". This means that there is no money left at all and compulsory execution must start in order to meet the demands of the creditor. But a lot of things have to happen before you get an entry there.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/05 4:05 PM as a reply to Jagadeesan Balakrishnan.
Sabine, Infact i could not believe it, at that point of time, i was not sure what is SCHUFA, the guy in ABH simply asked me to get the cert. I enquired with my colleagues later, and visited the office personally to get the certificate. The same happened for my friend who was also in the same ABH (but different beamter) and he was asked to produce for his spouse visum. But this procedure was not followed for my other friends. !!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/05 5:12 PM as a reply to Jagadeesan Balakrishnan.
Thanks all for your fast responses. Even if the ABH asks for Schufa certificate, I dont think it'll be a problem as all the amount was paid.

Thanks all again. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18