Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Abt--German Nationality.

Toggle
Abt--German Nationality.
Answer
8/14/05 8:27 PM
Dear MR.Detlef and Friends,

Question:Am i illegible for German nationality.

I got green-card of germany.I came from Asia.I worked 3 years on greencard visa.After 3 years i married a German girl during my work status and my green card status and soon after married i got visa on marriage bases, they given me 3 years visa.We(my wife and me)are togather and spending happy life since two years after marriage.
I want to apply for GERMAN nationality now:Am i illegible for German Nationality now ?Or first they will give me forever visa ?Or what ?
Which papers they require for this process?I mean i am a bit affraid at the moment because i am now a days jobless.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Abt--German Nationality.
Answer
8/15/05 12:27 PM as a reply to NA NA.
I don't think you are, even with a spouse of a German citizen, you have to wait 7 or 8 years, if I can well remember. But I need to check that out, becuase if you're a GC then you're not yet more than 5 years here, are you?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/15/05 12:31 PM as a reply to NA NA.
Just read this, http://www.handbuch-deutschland.de/book/en/003_003_print.html and as you can see: "For spouses of German citizens the following rules apply: the couple must have been married for at least two years at the moment of naturalisation and the spouse resident in Germany for at least three years before any application can be made", so you can, sorry, just forget my above writings, they are for people like me.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/15/05 12:33 PM as a reply to NA NA.
I am in the same situation. I came to Germany in 2001 with a green-card and get married this year. My husband is german.

I choose to keep my green-card and have my own paper and get the NE after my five years.

Here is an interesting site for you, if you understand german:
http://www.info4alien.de/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/22/05 3:19 PM as a reply to NA NA.
Those who are getting "ALGII" can get/or apply for German nationality too?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott