Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Spousal Visa

Toggle
Spousal Visa
Answer
12/9/13 8:19 PM
Hi, 

I have been following this forum for a while since I learned about the EU Blue Card and have found alot of helpful information in this forum. 
My wife who is a  researcher in one of the top universities in US will be finishing her PhD coming May 2014. She is planning on applying for EU Blue Card and then migrate to Germany (provided that she gets an employment offer).
I need some directions and suggestions regarding the spousal visa process. 
I am well aware of the fact that after getting employment visa and then Blue Card, she can apply for Spousal Reunion Visa once she gets to Germany. 
However I was wondering if its possible or whether some has been in the situation where the primary applicant applies for the employment visa and adds spouse in the process as well. Then after the approval, they both get to go to Germany?

Any help is appreciated. 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spousal Visa
Answer
12/14/13 11:55 AM as a reply to Abhi Juwa.
U can apply at the same time. It is faster.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/16/13 3:05 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi,

you can and you should apply for your family at the same time, with the same application form!

Good luck

Detlef
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/16/13 5:52 PM as a reply to Abhi Juwa.
So when principal applicant and the spouse applies for the visa, do we have to specify that we are also applying for the blue card?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/25/13 7:48 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi,

you and of course all interested people will find all necessary information and the required forms on the website of the local German Embassy or Consulate.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3