Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visit visa from India

Toggle
Visit visa from India
Answer
12/8/13 12:20 PM
Hi Friends,

I like to invite my mother from India on visit visa.
My mother had visited me once in 2007. At that time she had submitted the application at VFS Cochin (I am from Kerala) and VFS arranged appointment for interview at Chennai consulate. At that time Bangalore consulate was not there. Now she will have to apply at Bangalore consulate. But when I check Bangalore consulate website, it is written that the application has to be submitted at VFS. No mention about interview. Isn't it necessary to appear for an interview at the consulate now anymore ?

Could anyone with recent experience please share the experience ?

Thanks in advance.

Agna
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Visit visa from India
Answer
12/8/13 4:39 PM as a reply to Agna.
Interview is waived if the applicant has received a Schengen visa (not sure if that means only from the German Consulate or from any other Schengen country. I think it is the former) in the last two years before application date.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/13 12:14 PM as a reply to TS TS.
Thanks for your reply. That means my mother will have to go for interview since she has not received Schengen visa in the last 2 years.

I have one more question. How many months/weeks before the travel date one can apply for visa ?
For eg: If my mother wants to travel in April, will the consulate accept the application if she applies now ?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/13 1:18 PM as a reply to Agna.
one can apply 90 days before the tentative travel date.

I am not sure whether one can even apply earlier than this. It might be possible.
It is better to give a call to VFS Banglore.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/13 2:49 PM as a reply to Varadharajan Rengaraju.
i remeber the last year when my in-laws came here. Actually they get there papers verified from the VFS and VFS allots a date for the Interview at Banglore. the Banglore consulate is really good compared to the Chennai one.
Also be careful about the draft...please make it only at Banglore...i know there are banks in the Consulate building..which makes draft in no time.(actually my inlaws made a draft of Rs4500 maybe 2-3 weeks in advance of the Interview..and we find on the day of Interview the amount should be lower.as per exchange rate)

good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18