Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Permanent settlement of Parents?

Toggle
Permanent settlement of Parents?
visa parents settlement
Answer
11/29/13 12:24 PM
Hello Gentlemen,

This is the first time I am posting here. So, please excuse me if this topic was discussed already. Couldn't find the thread myself, so feel free to point me to it.

I am now a German citizens and settled in Germany with a reputable job. My parents living 100% alone back home and are completely dempendant on me. As they are of course coming of age, I feel the responsibility to keep them with me during this time of their need. There is no physical disability on their end.

So, cutting long stiry short, I would like to know if it is possible for a German citizen to get the non-German parents permanently settled here. Is there any law, and situation that can help me achieve this?

Your advise will be apreciated.

Regards,
Fahad
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Permanent settlement of Parents?
Answer
12/2/13 9:06 AM as a reply to Fahad Aijaz.
Hi Fahad,

in case of hardships one has the right to support parents by brining them permanently to Germany, provided you have enough resources to support them e.g. enough rooms in your house or apartment, monthly allowance, health insurance etc.

If you can satisfy all these requirements, I would suggest to hire an immigration lawyer and deal with all legal things before your parents apply for long-term visa.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Best regards, Raj++
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/2/13 2:51 PM as a reply to R V.
Thanks a lot Raj++!

This is indeed new information for me that the permanent settlement is possible.
I will explore this option and keep you all posted here. You may have to wait a bit long though, until I get any advice from the lawyer.

Many thanks, again!

Regards,
Doc.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/23/13 1:45 PM as a reply to Fahad Aijaz.
As promised above, I would like to update you on my learning re the permanent settlement of parents in Germany after discussing the matter with the lawyer.

It is a one-line statement:

"If you have any other relatives in your home country where your parents live, you CANNOT invite your parents to live permanently with you. Period."

So, that's it and a no-go for me as I naturally have some relatives in the same country my parents live in. I have come to know this from an immigration lawyer and I do not know if there is anything much I can do here.

A pity!

Doc.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3