Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Indian channels - help me

Toggle
Indian channels - help me
Answer
3/31/05 2:24 AM
Hi all,
Hope everyone is fine....I like to have indian channels especially Sun TV and Sun Music. So i asked with my landlord they say i am not allowed to install the dish. so i have problem but in my neighbouring building but this buliding also belongs to my landlord, they have satellite and they see Zee TV and Zee Music. I am not allowed to have satellite because i am new to this house but the persons near my building are allowed because they live for 23 years in germany. So i like to know whether its possible to have additional wire connection from their satellite to my house ??? so that i can see SUN TV...It would be really helpful if somebody can suggest some ideas regarding this...Or its also possible if i install my satellite inside my house near to window ???
Hope soemone can reply me...
Thanks in advance
have a nice time
Sriram
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Indian channels - help me
Answer
3/31/05 9:46 AM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
Go to "Mieterschutzvereine" and tell about your problem. They will try to find a solution and tell you what is possible and what is not possible in your case.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/31/05 5:59 PM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
Its has been made a rule that your landlord HAS TO allow you to install a dish antenna to view Foreign channels, if you are a foreigner. He can only demand that you install it with some expert service person, so that it is safe.

http://www.immobilienscout24.de/de/umziehen/mietertipps/vertrag/ratgdmbdl0150.jsp;jsessionid=1FDB690451670D4D0E7143DEE29B2C78.worker1
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/31/05 6:23 PM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
Hi Sriram,

Is SUN TV and SUN Music free to air? Or do you need to buy?

Thanks and Best Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/31/05 6:32 PM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
Both are pay channels only. I have heard that SUN TV costs 240 Euro per year. No idea about SUN Music.

http://www.trust7.com/en/forums/help_needed/indian_channels_via_satellite_tv
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/31/05 9:20 PM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
Hi all,
Thanks for your suggestions today i talked to my landlord again...they says its not possible...So i like to know from u guys whether its possble to have additonal cable from the satellite from my neighbourhood or whether i can install satellite in my room ?????
Hope some one can reply me.....
bye
sriram
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/05 1:57 PM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
Hi Sriram,

What fred told is right. There is no way your landlord can say you can't have it. There is a law that allows you to do this. Don't just listen to whatever your landlord says. Show them you are not aware of your rights. That's the best way to survive in Germany. As for using ur neighbours's connection, you need another LNB on the satalite and a receiver. They you can use it.

NB : Fred....I lost your email ID..I need to give you some information which could be interesting to you..:-))

Regards

Faisal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/26/05 1:16 AM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
I agree that you should go the Mieterschutzverein. An alternative, however, would be to get one of this wireless signal repeaters that you can get for around 50-90 euros that send a tv signal from one part of the house to another if the distance if the distance between you and your neighbour is small enough.

cheers,
a
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3