Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Got Zusicherung (assurance of citizenship) - next steps

Toggle
Hi all,

I have received my Zusicherung after I have made an application 5 months ago. This is the case in Hamburg. On the paper it says it is valid for 2 years. I am a Turkish citizen so I have to leave turkish citizenship during this time.

The question is, whether Einbürgerungsamt follows me during this time? I.e. can I wait, say, a couple of months and then start procedure? Does this create a problem? The official did not tell me anything about that, that I need to inform them on a regular basis how my procedure on the other side is running.

Can you elaborate this and give your feedbacks/experiences?

Thanks in advance,
Klenze17
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Got Zusicherung (assurance of citizenship) - next steps
Answer
12/1/13 8:48 PM as a reply to klenze17 holmenkollen.
Hi Klenze17,

good to hear that you are going to become a German citizen, good for Germany emoticon

I am sorry that nobody answered your question so far, especially because you helped so many t7 members in the past, but I guess it is just because nobody knows. I do not know, but I guess it will not cause any problem if you do not start the process immediately.

Maybe you should contact the involved authortiy again and ask. Should not be a problem.

Good luck

Detlef
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/2/13 8:58 AM as a reply to klenze17 holmenkollen.
klenze17:
Hi all,

I have received my Zusicherung after I have made an application 5 months ago. This is the case in Hamburg. On the paper it says it is valid for 2 years. I am a Turkish citizen so I have to leave turkish citizenship during this time.

The question is, whether Einbürgerungsamt follows me during this time? I.e. can I wait, say, a couple of months and then start procedure? Does this create a problem? The official did not tell me anything about that, that I need to inform them on a regular basis how my procedure on the other side is running.

Can you elaborate this and give your feedbacks/experiences?

Thanks in advance,
Klenze17
Hi Klenze17,

Congratulations! 
As mentioned on the letter you have a time of 2 years to complete the "Ausbürgerung" process. In case of hardships faced by someone this time can be extended (sorry i dont know the exact law though). But if you start the renunciation of your existing citizenship process lets say after 6 months from the date of issue of this letter than your case won't be strong, in case you need an extension. So I can second Detlef's suggestion, start the procedure as soon as possible.

Good luck and keep us posted!

regards, Raj++
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/8/13 9:28 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi Detlef,

I also thank you very much to you and all members in this website for your helps so far (DvD, rajeshspg, NoBody, lacrima, you etc).

This website has been very useful for my whole career and bureaucracy in Germany, I think I could also help individuals here for several procedures (especially I have helped many people, some cases direct personal contact for the Niederlassungserlaubnis für Hochqualifizierte w.r.t. §19 AufenthG).

After I have secured the assurance the rest effort towards the German citizenship is for me now quite few (rest details are related to the bureaucracies w.r.t. my nationality). So from now on I will be less active on this website, but of course I will be ready for helping the individuals further. A lot of things have been changed since enof 2004 when I have entered this forum and come Germany, so the actual conditions/challenges are quite different than what we have experienced those times. I see the main challenges have been less than what we got many years ago. Despite my little knowledge about current visa challenges I am ready to help anybody here.

Hi Raj, thanks for your answer. I have called the Einbürgerungsamt in Hamburg and the lady has confirmed that the local authority has given me 2 years of time o exit my current citizenship and they will not follow me or I am not obliged to inform them on a regular basis until the deadline (end of 2015). Maybe each case is different, i.e. for some other extraordinary case there might be more strict regulations in terms of tracking.

Very sorry for very late answer
Best regards
Klenze17
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7