Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Indian Bond in Germany

Toggle
Indian Bond in Germany
Answer
11/27/13 12:52 PM
Hi, 

I work with Indian firm, have been deputed to Germany on an onsite project. Before I started my deputation, I had signed an agreement with my India firm, which states I can't resign in Germany.  And, in case I resign, I have to pay some monetery penaly.

Now, I have a new job offer at my hand. I possess a valid Blue card, which is valid till Jun 2015, so I can very well join this company.

Is that by any chance my Indian firm can create problems for me in Germany by taking the bond breach which I will do i.e. the bond which is between me and my Indian firm. 

Please help.

Thanks,
Sanjay
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Indian Bond in Germany
Answer
11/27/13 8:21 PM as a reply to Sanjay Dwivedi.
Without seeing your bond - we cannot help you much. You have not provided much details.

"some" monetary penalty : If the penalty is not mentioned then it cannot be enforced. The amount needs to be exactly mentioned. 

Do not tell your Indian employer that you will be in Germany. Send in your resignation letter with your Indian address from India. They will intially send letters to your home address in India. They may not realise that you are in Germany and hence they will probably not bother you in Germany.  
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/27/13 8:40 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi Cebit
Thanks for the response.
A lot of my friend's have resigned in US, and my firm is only sending them the settlement letter. For them, the settling amount is Rs. 6 lakhs, but some of them have done settlement in Rs 1 lakh.
Also, what I heard is, the bond you signed in India, has no value outside India like US, Germany, UK. Thats why most Infosys, Wipro, TCS associates resign after signing Indian bond.
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.Thanks,
Sanjay
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/27/13 9:28 PM as a reply to Sanjay Dwivedi.
Pay the 6 lakhs (7000 euros)  and you will have peace of mind. You never know in future after many years you may want to join them. Due to practical reasons they may not pursue. To be very sure that those bonds dont have value, consult some lawyers. Negotiate and try to bring the bond amount down. resign and leave the company in friendly terms and with relieving letter.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/13 8:15 AM as a reply to Sanjay Dwivedi.
Hi Sanjay,

If I were you, I would try to negotiate with the HR in India. Of course the terms of negotiation depend on the contract you signed and you know that best. My logic says that the bond amount should decrease with the time you work on-site.

Surely the company won't get into expensive legal proceedings in Germany to claim the amount. I think the contract is not even valid by German law since it wasn't signed in German language or on German soil. But if the amount is a few lakh rupees, it's not a big deal to pay it off in a few months with an avg. German salary.

Would surely ensure peace of mind and your name not blacklisted in the Indian corporate circles, if you every decide to move back and seek jobs.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott