Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Provident Fund (PF) Equivalent

Toggle
Provident Fund (PF) Equivalent
Answer
9/10/09 9:38 PM
Is the PF payed by the employer and employee in India equivalent to Rentenversicherung in Germany.

Sorry for a silly question.

Paddy
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Provident Fund (PF) Equivalent
Answer
10/21/09 11:50 AM as a reply to p s.
Please correct me if I am wrong

I am getting relieved from my company now and the administration told me that they will be filing my tax and on January 2010 there is a possibility of getting some money back. Is this equivalent to provident fund in India. Now I understand that this is different from rentenversicherung. I asked my company whether I could ask some one to file my bills like monthly transport ticket and German course receipts as tax returns in Finanzamt next year she told that doesnt help and I need not go to the finanzamt. What do you all think should I ask some one to file my tax return or just leave it.
What money did she mention that I will get back on Jan 2010? Is there any online link to download the tax return form?

Note: We are still waiting for the J1&J2 visa but they already informed us it will take 2 months since he is an Indian scientist
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/09 1:49 PM as a reply to p s.
They are talking about income-tax here. Since you have not worked for the whole year, but have paid tax on the assumtion of being employed for the whole year, you will get some money back when you file for tax returns.

As someone to file the tax return for you, your steuerberater may do that for you. If you stil have your bank account in germany, use them till the refund comes and then transfer the money out.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/09 9:13 PM as a reply to p s.
Ok. Will do so. Thank you raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/09 9:43 PM as a reply to p s.
@Paddy

What your company could do for you with December Salary is LohnsteuerJahresausgleich;
For Finanzamt, Steuer (Taxes) for 2009 you and your husband (as family) should file it together or your Bevollmachtigte steuerberater/lohnsteuerhilfe verein etc. could do it on both of urs behalf, but when you are married and living together it goes together for both of you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/22/09 2:15 AM as a reply to p s.
Btw, you can file your tax return online with Elster the official Software from the Finanzamt (https://www.elster.de/elfo_home.php) or download the forms (https://www.formulare-bfinv.de/ffw/content.do). You can also buy a commercial version that supports online filing.

-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/22/09 5:11 PM as a reply to p s.
Does anybody know any good commercial software for filing Tax-Returns?? I heard about WISO sparbuch software but havent tried yet. Anybody who had better experiences, please share, thank u.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott