Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Spouse visa and criminal convictions.

Toggle
Spouse visa and criminal convictions.
Answer
3/27/10 6:41 AM
My wife and i have been married for 4 years now (married in australia) and we now have two children. The 3 of them live in germany and i being an australian citizen and my wife a german, i need to apply for a german spouse visa.
The problem is i have a few criminal convictions here in australia:
wilfull damage
drug posession
common assault
serious assault
public nuiscence
stealing
breach of bail
im wanting to no (as the german consulant will not tell me) is if these convictions will prevent me from entering the country on a spouse visa. How stringent are the embassys with these type of criminal convictions or are these acceptable when it comes to the family spouse visa. will they make exceptions for that purpose?
Please any information will be gladly helpfull as i dont want to spend thousands of dollars on obtaining the A1 german course on to arrive in germany and they tell me to leave because of these convictions.will they affect the visa or are these just minor convictions or is it like america 1 conviction and you cant enter, i have entered germany as a tourist with a 90day stay visa.Is it true that you cannot have any criminal convictions on your record to live in germany. Please help me.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse visa and criminal convictions.
Answer
3/29/10 4:50 PM as a reply to john willows.
@johnwillows

The problem is i have a few criminal convictions here in australia:

wilfull damage
drug posession
common assault
serious assault
public nuiscence
stealing
breach of bail

Most of the above reminds me of my good old days :-)

How stringent are the embassys with these type of criminal convictions or are these acceptable when it comes to the family spouse visa. will they make exceptions for that purpose?

Unless you are a criminal enjoying interpol red alert status, you dont have to worry about getting your spouse visa.

Take a look at this visa application form...

http://www.new-delhi.diplo.de/Vertretung/newdelhi/en/01/Visa__Requirements/DD__Residence__Permit__Visa__form,property=Daten.pdf

Pay attention to question No. 25 and try to answer it as honestly as possible. Wish you good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse visa and criminal convictions.
Answer
3/30/10 6:31 AM as a reply to john willows.
what do you mean i don't have to worry about getting the spouse visa, akshay?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott