Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Family Reunion Visa, Germany (Wife of Blue-Card holder, India)

Toggle
Hello fellow Readers,

I am a male from India and the query is regarding my Indian wife's family reunion visa. I have read a lot of threads on this forum and after going through them I have some specific questions.

Information for my query
  • Marriage Date : Feb 4, 2013
  • My date of entering Germany : May 1, 2013
  • Place in Germany? : Munich
  • Got Blue-Card ? : Got the Blue-card and is valid for next 4 years
  • Earning ? : 3000+ EUR / month
  • Why we did not apply together for visas? : She was studying and finished her MBA in beginning of August however I had to take up this offer. I knew beforehand that German A1-Certificate is not requrired but I know 2 cases personally where they asked for it and on a lot of forums I have been reading that they might ask for it. So better to have it.
  • Wife having German A1 certificate ? : Yes, She has got it from Goethe institute, Hyderabad.
  • Date of submission of my wife's visa application : August 21, 2013 at Chennai Consulate. She went to VFS Hyderabad in beginning of July and this was the earliest date they could give appointment for.
  • Current Status: No Idea. Consulate have not replied to our query which we sent Monday, this week. I went to the Aliens department in Munich on the Monday ( September 23, 2013) and they have not even received her application. They told me that they do not have any record of her application.
  • Marriage Certificate : Its in English. Attestaion by Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of home affairs is also done. At the time of submission of her application they did not ask for marriage verification. We have not received any communication regarding that yet either.
My Queries
  1. What is ABH? People have been refering it a lot but I do not understand which office they are referring it to. What does it mean.
  2. What should I do? From other's experiences I have come to know that whole thing may take up to 3 months but in my case they have not even contacted me yet. Is there any office in Munich where I can follow this up and track her application. The consulate in Chennai is utterly useless. They are not answering visa queries on phone. They will not reply to anything before 12 weeks.,
  3. How can I figure out where her application stands.

Thanks in advance and any help is extremely appreciated.

Regards,
Ambrish
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family Reunion Visa, Germany (Wife of Blue-Card holder, India)
Answer
9/27/13 8:43 AM as a reply to Ambrish Saxena.
Dear Ambrish,

welcome to Germany and congratulations for your marriage and new Job.

1- ABH means Aussländerbehörde (Foreign Office)
2- Yes three months is a standard time, but sometimes one is luchy enough to get the good news in two months time (e.g. in my wife's case). I will advice you to refrain from any queries before 21. of November 2013, this might eventually delay your case.
3- After three months you can pressurize both ABH and the German Consulate to give you exact information about the status, as than you will have the legal right to information. In the meantime just concentrate on your job, plan weekend trips around Europe and keep sending pics and infos to your wife in India.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/27/13 10:23 AM as a reply to Ambrish Saxena.
Hello Kwik,

Welcome to Germany and congratulations for your marriage and new Job .

1) U can take U6 / U3 to reach poccistr. for Munich, ABH. These guys are very helpful.

2) I agree with raj..wait for the specified time limit. But yes usually the approval happens by the end of 8 weeks.. At the end of 8 week you may get in touch with ABH.

My two cents :

a) Earning :  dnt take it othrwse but is it the brutto ( your gross) or netto (take home) ? A frnd of mine had a problm in showing sufficient income and accomodation for the spouse visa.

b) Hopefully you are set wth your new home ( there is a law regarding space for acco. probably 12 sq mtrs per person.)

c) Not necessry, but I was asked to provide translated marriage certificate while registering my wife with Meldebehörde ( after ur wife comes to munich she needs to register there forst for residence permit). If the certificate is wth ur wife may be she can get it transaled in india from an authorised representative.(will be helpful but not necessary though).

c) At last, may be you have gone through all the threads however you still may click the below mentioned link it's an extensive databse for spouse visa I suppose.. emoticon

http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/738797

And yeah by the way, do you mind sharing the role /stream of your job and years of experience?

Ciao and enjoy Munich ( Have a grt oktober fest ..cheers) !
+2 (2 Votes)

Answer
9/27/13 11:50 AM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Hey Guys,

Thank you very much for your responses.
  • So the ABH stands for Aliens office? I have been to the KVR at Rupperstrasse 19 (U-Bahn Poccistrasse) for my blue-card resident permit. I went there this Monday and they said they have not received anything from foreign office. I am sorry but German is non-existent so I might be confused.
  • As per my understanding (it could be wrong), There are 3 bodies involved here. German consulate in India, Foreign office Germany and then the Aliens department. So the application has to be cleared by Foreign office in order to reach Aliens department. Please do correct if I am wrong, this info is what I have gathered from reading different topics. Noone has laid the exact process.
  • Earning: Salary is net after tax while I am in tax class 1. Should change to tax class 3 when my wife comes which would make it more. I think this part should be ok.
  • Apartment: I am living in Garching and the area is 90 sq meter. I belive this should also be ok as per rule stated by you.
  • Translated marriage certificate is a good idea. Thanks. Will get it done in India itself. If you know then could you please suggest where we can get this done in Hyderabad.
  • Experience 5 years, Domain: Actuarial/Underwriting General Insurance.
That thread you mentioned I was already into it though I am yet to finish all the posts.

Oktoberfest emoticon yeah its great, I am enjoying but someone from India is sending curses because I am enjoying alone. emoticon

One another note, do we have like an Indian community here where we can have some social gatherings. It kinda gets very alone here. As compared to NY or London you will always find tons of people whom you already know.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/13 11:56 AM as a reply to Ambrish Saxena.
Based on suggestions here and other threads, I will give it 2 more weeks before I hit any offices further.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/13 1:15 PM as a reply to Ambrish Saxena.
Got the information regarding Translation.

It should be done from Indo German Chamber of Commerce. Have asked them about the process but since other members have got it done, it should be possible to get it done even if you are not in Chennai.

Just adding this information here thinking it can be useful for someone.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/27/13 1:36 PM as a reply to Ambrish Saxena.
kwik:
Hey Guys,

Thank you very much for your responses.
  • So the ABH stands for Aliens office? I have been to the KVR at Rupperstrasse 19 (U-Bahn Poccistrasse) for my blue-card resident permit. I went there this Monday and they said they have not received anything from foreign office. I am sorry but German is non-existent so I might be confused.
  • As per my understanding (it could be wrong), There are 3 bodies involved here. German consulate in India, Foreign office Germany and then the Aliens department. So the application has to be cleared by Foreign office in order to reach Aliens department. Please do correct if I am wrong, this info is what I have gathered from reading different topics. Noone has laid the exact process.
  • Earning: Salary is net after tax while I am in tax class 1. Should change to tax class 3 when my wife comes which would make it more. I think this part should be ok.
  • Apartment: I am living in Garching and the area is 90 sq meter. I belive this should also be ok as per rule stated by you.
  • Translated marriage certificate is a good idea. Thanks. Will get it done in India itself. If you know then could you please suggest where we can get this done in Hyderabad.
  • Experience 5 years, Domain: Actuarial/Underwriting General Insurance.
That thread you mentioned I was already into it though I am yet to finish all the posts.

Oktoberfest emoticon yeah its great, I am enjoying but someone from India is sending curses because I am enjoying alone. emoticon

One another note, do we have like an Indian community here where we can have some social gatherings. It kinda gets very alone here. As compared to NY or London you will always find tons of people whom you already know.
Google "Toytown Munich" and you will find alot of interesting contacts in Munich!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/13 1:52 PM as a reply to Ambrish Saxena.
also check

www.munichmela.de

Baba
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7