Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Die Daueraufenthaltserlaubnis-EG

Toggle
Die Daueraufenthaltserlaubnis-EG
Answer
7/27/11 6:07 PM
Hello all

I have been here in Germany since Sep-2002 and did my masters until Feb 2005(Aufenthaltsbewilligung, Beschaftigung gen.§ 9Nr.9 ArGv).
Starting from March-2005 until Aug-2009 I did my PhD and paid taxes(Aufenthalserlubnis §5 Nr. 2 but says promotionstudium).
Since Sep-2009 I work as a scientific staff in another University(Aufenthalserlubnis §5 Nr. 2 but says Wiss.arbeiter).

When I applied for the NE I was informed that I they could consider my PhD studies half time and asked me to return after an year. When I approached them after an year they informed that I should take an integration course.

The problem I have now is that, I have to move to Austria since I found a new position in a company. And I will not be able to get the integration course certificate before moving.

Can some one let me know if I am eligible for Daueraufenthaltserlaubnis-EG without taking the integration course?

Thanks in advance.

Rajan.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Die Daueraufenthaltserlaubnis-EG
Answer
7/27/11 7:19 PM as a reply to Gopalakrishnan Rengarajan.
if you move to austria, you are not eligible for PR!!

And no, there is no way to get PR without the integration course.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/11 7:43 PM as a reply to Gopalakrishnan Rengarajan.
Thanks Raj for the reply.

I thought one can apply for permanent residency for the whole Europe. Is Daueraufenthaltserlaubnis-EG not a EC resident permit?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/11 10:37 PM as a reply to Gopalakrishnan Rengarajan.
Logically this makes no sense. You desire for a permanent residence in a country that you intend to leave soon.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/11 11:46 AM as a reply to Gopalakrishnan Rengarajan.
1. Come Sep 2011, you have 5 "required" years completed. 3.5 years of (sep 2002 to Sep 2009) and 1.5 normal years. This is good enough for D-EG.

2. since you have studied Masters here, i reckon you would have completed some sort of german course. That should be enough and you should be able to speak basic german. No need of integration course.

3. Read the law for D-EG and apply in writing stating the above facts. The auslanderamt has to respond in writing. That would help you ;-)

4. D-EG is issued based on a EU directive. so it makes sense to move to another EU country
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/11 1:11 PM as a reply to Gopalakrishnan Rengarajan.
Hi,
just a question:-
when DG seems to be easier than NE when it comes to German courses, then why people(IT professionsals mostly) do not apply DG all the time instead of NE.

For NE, it seems that Integration course is mandatory i.e. till B1 certification, where as for DG it is not.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/11 1:25 PM as a reply to Gopalakrishnan Rengarajan.
Well even for D-EG, language and orientation course is necessary

"er über ausreichende Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache verfügt" <-- B1

"er über Grundkenntnisse der Rechts- und Gesellschaftsordnung und der Lebensverhältnisse im Bundesgebiet verfügt" <-- Orientierungkurs

B1 + Oriet. Kurs = Integration course

http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/aufenthaltsg.html#9a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/11 4:33 PM as a reply to Gopalakrishnan Rengarajan.
thanks for the clarification and the link.
I read from this forum a question which was not answered yet related to DG visa and citizenship.
If a person gets DG visa, is he/she eligible for citizenship in germany later or only NE visa persons can apply for it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/11 6:05 PM as a reply to Gopalakrishnan Rengarajan.
Thanks for the replies.

I talked to the lady at AB today morning and she informed me that I should have orientation test certificate or make the Einbürgerungstest. She also told me that I should search for the details by myself.

After the meeting with AB I went to VHS. The lady responsible for the registration said she too does not know the details, gave me a
pamphlet and asked me to contact a teacher after 2 weeks. If I have to attend the course I have make registration now. But, I think
can do the test by myself and I don't have time to attend the course since I have a full time job.

I dont have any language course certificate can speak basic German.

Can I take the test in some other city?

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/11 6:18 PM as a reply to Gopalakrishnan Rengarajan.
Well most of the people did their stuffs working full time job, so i dont think you can complain too much about it. There are courses in the weekend. Just ask other language institutes like Berlitz etc in your city. There is no restriction in which city you make the course, what is needed is the certificate.

Which city are u living?

http://www.iwwb.de/suchergebnis.php?feldname13=wbanbieter&feldinhalt13=*volkshochschule*+*vhs*&feldname1=Freitext&feldname7=datum1&feldinhalt7=morgen&feldinhalt1=orientierungskurs&suche=einfach&mtz=10&feldname5=WBDB&feldinhalt5=0
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/11 6:24 PM as a reply to Gopalakrishnan Rengarajan.
Thank raj. I am not complaining about anything. It is just my situation. The courses offered by the VHS in my city are conducted during office hours.

Either form 9-11 or 14-16 which is not convenient.

Anyway thanks for the links.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18