Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Question about Visa.

Toggle
Question about Visa.
Answer
3/17/06 2:01 PM
Hello everybody,
I've been working in IT in Germany since 08.09.2004 but I never thought of searching for an online community until recently and I found trust7, anyway, my question is the following: My Aufenthaltserlaubnis is only valid until 31.07.2008 and I think the cause is that my passport is valid until 19.08.2009 so they couldn't make the Aufenthaltserlaubnis validity last for 5 years because that is longer than the passport's validity at least that's my view on this subject. Did anybody had this situation before and does anyone know what's the best way to deal with such a situation?
Great job you got going here, if I knew about trust7 before, my life would have been a little easier.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Question about Visa.
Answer
3/17/06 2:27 PM as a reply to Toni Tabet.
You have the following possibilities

1. Get a new passport before 31.07.2008 and then get the Aufenthaltserlaubnis
or
2. Get a short term extension(say 6 months) of Aufenthalserlaubnis after 31.07.2008 in the old passport. Get a new passport and then get the new extension with the new passport.

Since you are talking far ahead of time, u dont have to worry too much now
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/17/06 2:40 PM as a reply to Toni Tabet.
Thanks raj, knowing ahead of time what one should do is always better. Any other input on the subject is also appreciated.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/17/06 2:50 PM as a reply to Toni Tabet.
When I got the extension it was longer than the validity of my passport. There is a nominal fee to transfer it to the new passport. Even if the passport expires, the visa is still valid (This what the lady told me.)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott