Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Searching and Changing job: Question about visa

Umschalten
Hello All ,
I need your valuable advice on following questions.I am from india and working since more that 3 years in Germany.
Recently I received a aufhenthalserlaubnis which is not attached to any particular employer . It states that "Beschaftigung jeden Art gestattet. Seldständige tätigkeit nur mit Genehmigung der Ausländerbehörde gestattet." It is until May 2011.

My wife also received same visa.
I am planning to write my resignation and searching for new job in parallel-
but before that I have following questions

a)Regarding Jobless situation :
If I write resignation and if employer terminates it quickly and I become jobless—then can me and my wife stay in Germany with our visa? How long can I stay jobless in Germany?

b)REGARDING arbeitlosgeld :-
When do I have to apply for arbeitlosgeld in case I am resigning? How much arbeitlosgeld will I get in case I am resigning? How long?

c)Regarding new Employer :-
When I go to a new employer, can I start working directly there with my current visa? Do I need to inform Ausländerbehörde when I change my job? When?

d) My current contract with my current employer is until 30 March 2010. If I resign End of Feb, I have to work until end of April to finish my notice period of 2 months. Is it a problem or my current employer has to extend my visa by one month until end of May in that case?

Many Thanks in advance for your guidance.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Searching and Changing job: Question about visa
Antwort
03.02.10 09:25 als Antwort auf Rohit Deshmukh.
Hello All ,
Could somebody please find some time to
help me on my question above....please :-
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.02.10 10:59 als Antwort auf Rohit Deshmukh.
Hi Rohit,

<<<<<<a)Regarding Jobless situation :
If I write resignation and if employer terminates it quickly and I become jobless—then can me and my wife stay in Germany with our visa? How long can I stay jobless in Germany?>>>>>>>

As soon as you are out of job, you should inform the Arbeitsamt and the Visa office. Arbeitsamt would say they would pay you Arbeitlosengeld for 1 year, provided you have your visavalid for a year. And your visa validity depends on the beamter handling your case, they could even reduce it to 6 months job search visa.

But why on earth do you want to take that risk, If I was in your position...I would resign only after I find another job or if atlease my partner finds a job.

<<<<<<b)REGARDING arbeitlosgeld :-
When do I have to apply for arbeitlosgeld in case I am resigning? How much arbeitlosgeld will I get in case I am resigning? How long?>>>>>>

As mentioned earlier, you got to inform the Arbeitsamt within 3 days of your resignation. How much - depends its normally 60% of your current takehome(thats wht I've heard) and you shall get it for 12 months period. But if you resign then you get the Arbeitlosgeld only after 12weeks.

<<<<<<<<<<c)Regarding new Employer :-
When I go to a new employer, can I start working directly there with my current visa? Do I need to inform Ausländerbehörde when I change my job? When?>>>>>>>>>>

AFAIK, you can start working with the new company as soon as they are ready to take you in. You have to approach the Ausländerbehörde only when you need a visa extension - where they might ask you for last 3 months payslips and stuff.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<d) My current contract with my current employer is until 30 March 2010. If I resign End of Feb, I have to work until end of April to finish my notice period of 2 months. Is it a problem or my current employer has to extend my visa by one month until end of May in that case?>>>>>>>>>>>

This exclusively depends on your current employer and the kind of contract you got with your current employer.

Hope this helps..

All the best!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.02.10 11:04 als Antwort auf Rohit Deshmukh.
1, Yes, you can stay in Germany until the expiry date of your visa. As you have BE now and it is not bounded to your company any more.

2. Here you will find more details regarding Arbeitslosengeld:

http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/nn_25636/Navigation/zentral/Buerger/Arbeitslos/Alg/Meldung/Meldung-Nav.html

http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/nn_25694/Navigation/zentral/Buerger/Arbeitslos/Alg/Dauer-Hoehe/Dauer-des-Anspruchs/Dauer-des-Anspruchs-Nav.html

If you are working from 3 years, you will get arbeitlosgeld for 12 months. For more details, see above links.

3. You can start working with new company same day. No need to inform anyone as you have BE visa now.

4. Not clear what you want to ask.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
04.02.10 00:01 als Antwort auf Rohit Deshmukh.
Thank you very much for your feedback.
This will surely help.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3