Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Place of birth discrepancy b/w Birth certificate and Passport

Toggle
Hi,

I am applying for my citizenship.  The official at the Standesamt has asked for my original birth certificate.  Although all the information on my birth certificate is correct, there is a discrepancy about the place of birth between the birth certificate and the passport.  In the passport it's mentioned as 'Tumkur' whereas in the birth certificate it is mentioned as Kalasipalya.  Please note here that Kalasipalya is a small grama in the town of Tumkur. Although there is no mention of Tumkur in the birth certificate. This information can be verified through Google maps ( am not sure if the Standesamt would accept Google maps as a source of proof ) Since I didn't need my birth certificate in order to apply for a passport, this information is different and I had registed my birth late ( very recently ).  I think it's very difficult to change the name on the birth certificate. What other options would I have? Does anyone have experience regarding this?  Thank you for your advices in advance emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Place of birth discrepancy b/w Birth certificate and Passport
Answer
8/9/19 11:26 AM as a reply to Subramanyan Gowda.
Hi how did you sorted out your problem?

Any tips!!!!!!!!!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3