Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Jobsuchen Visa(18 months) or Blue Card ?

Toggle
Hello everyone,

I am going to graduate soon from a university in Germany and already have a good contract offer, which fulfills the requirements for the Blue card.

But I am seriously concerned that what would happen if in case I lose my job having this Blue card ?

Friends are giving me different opinion, some say to get job suchen Visa for  the next 18 months and start work based on this Visa, since it allows one to carry on any work related activity and in case one loses his job, he will be able to search a new job without any repurcation of visa related issues .

Others say that it doesn't matter if a fresh graduate  loses his job having this Blue card since he is entitled to get 18  months at least for the searh of job after graduation and he will be  eligible to get job search visa for the time ( 18months - the period he was employed).  Let assume that somebody (a fresh graduate from Germany) was employed for 5 months before he loses his job, in this case this
person should be given job search Visa for  (18 months - 5 months)=  13 months.  is it true ?

I am not sure that what is true and what  actually the law says but I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who has this concern, sicne every fresh graduate feels a bit insecure for his first job and especially in prohobition period.

Your earliest response will be appreciated.

Regards
Waleed
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Jobsuchen Visa(18 months) or Blue Card ?
Answer
9/14/13 7:23 AM as a reply to Umair Khan.
Why are you thinking of loosing your job before even joining?

when one starts working, he/she will loose student status and hence when this person looses his job it would be 6 month job search visa. If a person does not find a job in 6 months, then after 6 months the probability of finding job does not increase.

Law will not cover every circumstances which can happen and is open to interpretations of the case worker handling the case.

Good luck with your new job
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: Jobsuchen Visa(18 months) or Blue Card ?
Answer
9/15/13 3:29 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hello Cebit,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I know someone, who has lost his job in prohibition period in the same company I am going to work for. This thing has made me a little frighten sychologically.

I went to ausländerbehörde last week to ask the same question and I got a bit weird but very informative answer. .

They replied that Yes it is true that you can go along with your job search Visa to start your job and you may continue so till next 18 months. They also added that it is not over concerned that where do you work and what do you do since this new job search visa allow you to work anywhere without any time or days restriction.

But when it comes to Blue card, one is  bond to his employer and if one loses his job, he must has to surrender his blue card and he will be given a grace period for upto three month to search for a new job.

This information is given by ausländerbehörde associated to the city where I live but my friend in different city has aksed the same question and got different information. They says that if you have studied here in Germany then even in the blue card, you are entitled to get a job srach Visa for a period of (18 months - period you were employed). 

This is very critical query which needed to be reslove and it may affect hundreds of fresh gradutes.

Well, I know that we cannot work forever on this job search Visa, but it could be very useful to get into company, work for couple of months, spend your prohibition period and once your are stabilized, go and get the Bue card.

is there anyone else who has any info in this matter ? 

Regards
Waleed

0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3