Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
migration to UK
Answer
7/20/09 1:24 AM
Hi Dears,

would anybody, who have moved from Germany to uk can give some guide line in details?

Thanks for quick reply, or private email or phone.

Best regards,

Jalal.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: migration to UK
Answer
7/20/09 3:22 AM as a reply to a a.
Where in UK and what specifically do you want to know?

/x
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/09 8:49 AM as a reply to a a.
specially london.

Actually i want to know is EEA member is also secure there socially? E.g I as a German national migrate to uk and loose job next month would it be possible to get no income resources or low income resources during or after the job or kinder geld, eltern geld etc...?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/09 12:21 PM as a reply to a a.
One thing about London is that it is spectacularly expensive. So, if you want to maintain the same quality of life as you do in Germany, you would have to earn more. Taxes are lower in Uk though.

This brings me to the second point. Clearly, the social system is not as good as Germany (clearly..you pay more taxes here and these insurances are provided by the government). So, if you do not have a job, you are on your own. The only thing that you are covered for is health insurance through the NHS. London is not a good place to be without a steady income, I am afraid.

I do not think these are the answers you were hoping for, but such is life.

/x
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/09 3:45 AM as a reply to a a.
Thanks xenon123,

actually i know many (6 or 7)persons, who even apply NIC# in uk living in germany although they were arbeitloss, then they moved to uk on the base of their NIC# and got job. After 6 months of jobs some of them are getting low income sources and some no income sources, they purchased their homes in 2 or 3 years. This looks very charming but its reallity & they are surely not drugs dealer :p . Even having very low education they are earning lot, but we having jobs paying just taxes. emoticon

Now you'll think why i dont ask them how they moved, its metter of honour ;) "Ehre". Because my goal is not getting low-income or no income but want to start my own business/a good job. But ofcourse one think about rainy days having family and try to get information for rainy days.

Still waiting for some comments...... thx.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/09 4:04 AM as a reply to a a.
Well, I am pretty sure that working in one country and claiming benefits in another is illegal or very shady at the very least.

Also, I am not sure about these claims. For sure, you cannot buy a house in London in 3 years with low-paying jobs or/and national insurance. It is just bogus.

I am moving to London myself but as a PhD student. The current job market looks pretty bad there. It is definitely better in Germany (at least in my field). However, my main priority is to finish my PhD in this economic downturn.

Good luck man.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18