Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Moving alone to Germany or along with Family?

Toggle
Friends,
Last week I got my employment visa approved, need to get my visa stamped through VFS Delhi.
Along with me, my 1 year child also got the visa approval as a dependent. But my Wife's visa is still struck due to A1 language requirement, my employer tried to convince the aliens office that my wife has a Master Degree(MBA) and promised to support us with needed language class expenses after arrival in Germany.

But still decision is pending at aliens office.

As my joining date is approaching, I need to take up my assignment from 1st March. Is it a good idea to leave behind my family to take up the job? this way I get a chance to prepare the accommodation and necessary stuff so that my wife and child can join me after 2-3 months.

If aliens office demands A1, then my wife has to stay back A1 language exam, this will take at least 2-3months.

Somewhere on this forum, I have read that its not a good idea to leave behind the family, else for different visa rules will apply, and this processing takes 6 to 9 months.

Is it true that if I move alone to Germany, my wife has be re-apply for dependent visa? or existing application can be on hold till she finishes her A1?

please share your experience.
Br,
xtreamer.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Moving alone to Germany or along with Family?
Answer
2/16/12 1:13 PM as a reply to adav adav.
Since visa is pending due to only A1 status, I do not see any reason why it will not be approved...worst can be that she may have to do A1 certification...Even if your wife visa is stamped, I will suggest you to first come alone and arrange for a proper housing... As sometime it takes lot of time in Germany to find a good accomodation also depends on where is your base going to be..

Just my view :-)

all the best...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/12 7:16 PM as a reply to adav adav.
Did consulate send the letter to you regarding the non approval. if they had send the letter mentioning to submit the A1 certificate i hope you can submit the A1 certificate with in 2 months or if consulate send you a rejection letter then your wife has to reapply so it may takes 6 months...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/12 10:12 PM as a reply to adav adav.
friend082:
so far my wife's visa decision is not made and I didn't receive any letter from the consulate.
Its just that my employer contacted aliens office to expedite my wife's visa processing, and the lady at aliens office was demanding A1 certificate for my wife.

My employer is trying to convince the lady that my wife has a master degree, it seems aliens office has asked some info from Delhi embassy, decision will be made after receiving this info from Delhi embassy.

just hoping that auslanderamt will approve my wife's visa without A1 requirement.
but you never know!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/12 11:02 PM as a reply to adav adav.
http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/3186796/Daten/793437/download_visa_InfosheetGermanKnowledgeFZ.pdf

if talked properly, avoiding a1 should be possible. see link above. ask your employer to contact visa office again based on this link.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/12 1:14 AM as a reply to adav adav.
hope your wife gets visa soon-- but in case if she reapply & when u are here in Germany then i think visa process is different from now. ABH may looks on your completion of probation period and minimum 1 year visa residence period during your spouse visa approval, and you have to submit all documents on ABH( foreigners office)

its always good to relocate together with your family---
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/12 10:56 AM as a reply to adav adav.
I will move alone only if Embassy promises to keep my wife's visa on hold till she completes her A1, so that we don't need to submit a fresh application again.

If there is no concept of "Visa or application on Hold", then I will stay back and travel together after her visa approval.

Is there anyone who had been through similar situation? Did Embassy give anyone 2months of time to complete A1?

or is it that embassy simply rejects and asks us to submit a fresh application with A1 certificate?

thanks for all your suggestions,
Br,
xtreamer.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/12 10:50 AM as a reply to adav adav.
the problem is she must finish at anycost the a1 . because that is law. . it is funny these germany seems to be cracy. i wonder wat will be to a women if she is not educated to read nor write . so she is she not allowed to enter or live with her husband ? or is it a must should divore and find suited to german s..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/12 6:18 PM as a reply to adav adav.
Friends,
I just got the visa approval for all 3 members(self, wife and child).
phew!! it was a long wait, but finally my wife was exempted from A1 Language requirement and got her visa approved, now i can travel along with my family.

So in total, our visa processing took almost 5 months(19weeks)....

Looks like German employer can influence the decision of auslanderamt. My employer was able to convince the visa processing officer about my wife's MBA that she should be exempted from A1 requirement, and it worked.

But nevertheless be-aware that as embassy states "Minimum long term visa processing time - 6weeks",
Maximum could be anything between couple of months to years if not followed up properly.

thanks everyone for their valuable inputs.
BR,
xtreamer.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/12 9:20 PM as a reply to adav adav.
@ xtreamer
first of all congratulations u got ur family visa approved its a big achvievement .coz i knw the pain im waiting for it frm almost 7 mnths keeping my fingers crossed .recently wn contacted chennai embassy they said marriage verification will take 2 to 3 -months so i can do nothing but wait .first time in life expereinced tat few things /will not be in our hands.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/12 10:27 PM as a reply to adav adav.
I assume my case is different from yours because your partner is already living in Germany with residence/work permit.

In my case we both are in India and applied for the first time for long term visa. Hence there was no Marriage verification in our case(we never paid that ~13000/- rupee verification fee).

It seems like couples moving together is easier than a German resident bringing-in his/her partner to Germany.

In my view, it should the other way round, but this is not the case.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott