Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Marriage verification time- spouse visa

Answer
5/30/13 5:34 PM as a reply to Mairali Dholakia.
Its all so frustrating. If they don't want people to come then why advertise so much. I m still waiting for the verification officer to visit my wife. We submitted the application on April 12. I m traveling to india oniune 20 and coming back on July 06. I hope I can bring h er Wyeth me. Al this is making me think if I made the right decision coming here
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/30/13 5:59 PM as a reply to Bikash Agarwal.
If you have submitted application on April 12, then you must patiently wait till July 12. The ABH sees 3 months time then only it agrees to pressurise the Indian office, till then they ask to wait. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/31/13 5:51 AM as a reply to Mairali Dholakia.
Hi Mirali,

It was a futile trip down to the German embassy yesterday, considering that I took off couple of hrs from office to go there. The receptionist asked me to join the queue, which was waitin for thr collection. Once my turn came, I inquired about my application status. 

The lady didnt seem too happy tht her simple n straight forward job got interrupted by my query. She was irritated from that moment on and after checking on the system, informed me that the application is still in process. That we are awaiting the revert from the German office. After hearing her out, i told her that my wife is in Germany and when shez checked with the Alien's office there, she is getting the same reply - tht thy are awaiting the verification details from the Indian office. 

She wasnt in the mood to understand my statement and repeated the same thing in an even rude tone.... "y dont u check with the German office?". I patiently replied that my wife is doing that regularly and we hv no idea of where the applications is, if its moving or is it stuck. This same to n fro statements were repeated 3 times by her. 

Then whn she realised that i am not leaving and the line for collection is getting longer, she made the efforts to look into the system and asked did u submit the  verification fees? What kind of question is that!!!! How cn i submit the certis and not the fee? Thatz when she realised that I submitted my educational certis on 26th April. She used that date to push her argument that i need to wait as its just been a month since i applied. I replied that my initial application was made on 18th Feb,13. She wasnt willing to listen n told that since u submitted the certis on 26th April, i need to wait more. 

I then requested her if i could talk to a senior officer or something. She didnt agree to any of that and when i persisted, she gave me an email id that i could write to. I will be writing to them shortly and after this post. 

Overall, it seems that i need to wait another 10-12 weeks from 26th April going by the attitude of the officer yesterday. What is ridiculous is that i still dont know if the verification of my documents submmitted on 18th Feb is completed or not!!!!!

@ Mirali - you were really lucky that they called you on 19th Feb for additional doc n fees, post your applciation. I got the same call on 22nd April, though my application was made on 18th Feb.

Going by all this, I think its gonna take an act of God for my case to go thru!!!! emoticon

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/31/13 8:09 AM as a reply to Arun M.
Amazing information regarding working of differen section in Visa stamping. How you came to know about this.

Whenever I check on status with Bangalore consulate or ABH - only reply is "In Progess" and there is no information like which stage it is. Hope they have some system like US visa - which clearly mentions which level you are and that too you can check online.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/31/13 9:06 AM as a reply to Mani.
@Arun- Has the verification officer visited you? I think as soon as the verification officer visits, things will proceed faster. This is the best optimism I can think of, otherwise, you are right, there is no other way than patiently waiting and yet simultaneously making a rigorous follow up. 

@mani- Well, the officer who was handling my query in consulate general office in mumbai (the one who was concerned with my verification procedure) explained me this. Also the officer in ABH in Germany explained similar procedure to my husband. They generally do not disclose the information, but since we persistantly requested them to let us know the status, they told us that we must wait patiently as there are lot many people involved in the whole process. Fortunately we were lucky as regards this, because all the officers concerned were pretty polite to us. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/31/13 10:36 AM as a reply to Mairali Dholakia.
Halo Folks,

Going through your events reminded me of my ordeal

I really wish some officer who is perhaps responsible for PR w.r.t German embassy should read our posts so that  they can atleast be aware of our plight. I understand every embassy has lot's of constraints e.g. fake ids, fake marriages..bla bla..but why can't the representatives communicate with the applicants in a better way?

Personally, I don't have any experience with bnglr,chennai or delhi embassy. However it seems, the story is same everywhere but yes one embassy which I feel ,really responds to applicant's query or even arrange things to get them resolved is Mumbai embassy. I have experienced a good process from their side right from the start of the application process.

Unfortunately, the case was totally opposite when my wife applied from kolkatta embassy. Point no.1 they don't update their website on time so how can we know what has changed and what has not? and I can only imagine the ordeal one goes through while applying and especially the lady representatives. I won't term them as visa officers , I have interacted with visa officers in Mumbai and they are like quite helping in nature whereas in kolkatta the submission process is a real hassle and to top that the representative's reactions.. it's like.. why can't you arrange the documents in order, why can't you do this and that? what's this? and the tone in which they speak is really like ...why are you bothering us?...One thing which I want to understand,is it not their job to help applicants?

And the real ordeal begins once you have submitted the application. Try and keep calling the kol embassy, it will remind you of Baye's theorem. None answers the call and even if it gets answered... it's like 'write a mail ..we will respond' and that too in a weird tone and high pitch. When I got the confirmation from ABH I experienced the same as I called them from Germany. But then I was like it's now or never ...and so..I responded and raised my counterarguements and you won't believe ..next day my wife was at consualte submitting passport.??..Amazing !!

Whereas ABH in my case was extremely helpful. They always responded to my e-mails and the lady picking up the calls always answered the queries after going through the details and ofcourse with a soothing tone reassuring my status.

Last but not the least I believe, it's the mindset of the represenatives whom you are interacting with during the process. Because some people assisted the visa processes well within their jurisdiction in both the embassies whereas some were really like weird.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/13 7:12 AM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Hi Mirali,

This is what i am concerned about. I havent got any call or visit from any verification person. All i am doing is waiting and hoping for a resolution. Will be following up this week with both the Bangalore office and the German office of the consul. 

Just waiting n hopin now. 

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/13 5:47 AM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Hi all,

I wrote to the bangalore consulate on the email provided (30th May,13) and yet to hear from them. Yesterday, my wife had contacted the German office and the officer was kind enough to share her email id and told me to send my scanned educational certis so that she can follow it up from her end with the Bangalore consulte. Have sent her the same and waiting to hear any update from her.

Still following n waiting, will keep the thread updated on any new developments. 

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/13 9:29 PM as a reply to Arun M.
Hello All,

My wife has applied visa on 2 nd may in delhi..Verification happened on 20 June 2013. How much more time it will take for further processing. I checked with ABD on 9 july , They told that they have not recieved the documents yet.

Can you guys please tell me how much more time it will take.
Thanks,
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/17/13 7:07 AM as a reply to Raj.
Nowadays it is taking minimum 6 weeks. So if your document verification completed in 20th of June, u may expect it on 1st week of August. Since the processing does not come directly to your ABH, it come via Central Immigration dept, located in Berlin or Bonn 

So vl hope for the best and u vl hear soon a good news.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/17/13 8:07 AM as a reply to Raj.
Hi Raj,

could you pls share your email id or number at bikashbit@gmail.com

I need some info.

Regards
Bikash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/17/13 10:43 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Hello Moonmal,

Thanks for your reply.Can i expect my visa process to be completed till end of August otr it can take more time than that.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/17/13 11:43 AM as a reply to Raj.
depends, if ABH find all documents are ok, then they vl send their opinion to ur embassy inindia. so hardly it can minm 2nd week of Aug 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/21/13 3:57 PM as a reply to moon mal.
hello every one,
                         before i ask my question, i want to write about my case background.
my wife is a german national. we get married this year. she is my cousin too. i have passed the german language test A1 from goethe institute in may this year and on (1)july 2nd i submitt my documents in german embassy for spouse visa.(2) On 8th July ABH got the email from islamabad embassy.
(3) on 25th july the ABH informed my wife that they send there approval to pakistan. 
(4) 29 July verification Officer visited my place and check all the documents.

now it 22 days past the verification officer visit me.
7 weeks for submitting the application.
26 days since the ABH send their approval.

Question: How much more time it need. when ABH already send there approval? and what is the next process now? is there any other office involved in this too?

Waiting for your advise and reply...thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/13 4:55 PM as a reply to rambo three.
Hi Rambo3, congratulation for getting your spouse visa!
I want to ask you a couple of things that you might be able to answer. I applied for family reunion visa to Germany three weeks ago.
Now waiting and wondering how long it will take and what kinds of things will exactly happen or might require from me or my wife who is with me now in India on visit.
Can you please tell me wether your spouse in Germany has ever been contacted during the process by anyone, the Embassy or the ABH office in Germany. If the answer is yes, then what did they exactly require from your spouse in Germany?
Second, did you get the work permit there already, if yes, how long does it take to get the work permit after getting into Germany.
Many thanks in advance for your kind reply.
I would really appreciate if you could reply me.
Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/13 5:14 PM as a reply to moon mal.
Hi moonmal,
I want to ask you a couple of things that you might be able to answer. I applied for family reunion visa to Germany three weeks ago.
Now waiting and wondering how long it will take and what kinds of things will exactly happen or might require from me or my wife who is with me now in India on visit.
Can you please tell me wether your spouse in Germany has ever been contacted during the process by anyone, the Embassy or the ABH office in Germany? If the answer is yes, then what did they exactly require from your spouse in Germany?
Second, did you get the work permit there already, if yes, how long does it take to get the work permit after getting into Germany.
Many thanks in advance for your kind reply.
I would really appreciate if you could reply me.
Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/4/13 10:40 PM as a reply to leon khan.
Hello dear, just would like to know that in your case did visa officer made a call before visit to your house ???or just came in without a notice or email you how many days or hours before he gave u the notice did he make a call from mobile number ??what sort of question he asked???I've submitted my file in Islamabad embassy in June.if you could help me to answer my question many thanks regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/4/13 10:41 PM as a reply to leon khan.
Hello dear, just would like to know that in your case did visa officer made a call before visit to your house ???or just came in without a notice or email you how many days or hours before he gave u the notice did he make a call from mobile number ??what sort of question he asked???I've submitted my file in Islamabad embassy in June.if you could help me to answer my question many thanks regards - See more at: http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/762932#sthash.WDQeP476.dpuf
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/9/13 10:18 AM as a reply to zara chuhdary.
sorry for the late reply. the verification officer did not call me. he come suddenly without any notice.

you write that you submitted your file at islamabad embassy in june. did the embassy asked you for verification fees or consider your file for verification or not? in my case the verification officer visit me the same month.

regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/13 9:17 AM as a reply to leon khan.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18