Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse name change on Passport for Spouse Visa

Toggle
Hi Volks,

Name change on wife's passport means inclusion of only husband's name or change of wife's surname ?

Wil that help in speeding up the spouse visa process ?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse name change on Passport for Spouse Visa
Answer
8/27/13 1:23 PM as a reply to Sunny Sharma.
In my case I have just included my wife's parental name and did not face any problems so far. Having said that, I would still recommend to keep same family names if given a chance or asked for!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/27/13 10:12 PM as a reply to hprj.
Thanks.

Anyone else would like to share the experience in this context ?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/28/13 3:05 PM as a reply to Sunny Sharma.
Hallo,
If you want to change your spouse family name then you have to apply first at your country consulate. All steps should be explained on the consulate website. In germany it is not mandatory to change the spouse details in the passport. Only if you like to change the family name of your spouse then you may do so. Otherwise you may apply for the spouse visa just with marriage certificate. There is no need to change the details of the issued passport unless you want to see your family name with your spouse given name.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/28/13 10:40 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Thanks for the info.

Anyone from India here knows how long does it take to change the spouse name on the passport.

I can enquire it from some nearest passport offc in India but still if someone already knows ?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/13 11:54 AM as a reply to Sunny Sharma.
Including spouse name is sufficient. That was what my wife did becasue changing surname required some paper work and unwanted delay. In our case it took less than 10 days (passport office in Chandigarh)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/31/13 2:29 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
I think my query has been answered.

Thanks all
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3