Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Length of academic preparation course and new visa application

Toggle

Hello All

It's nice to have found this forum, and I'm hoping to get some advice.

I am at the moment based in my home-country India and recently recieved a conditional acceptance letter. I am required to do an academic prepartion course for research methods before I start my MA. I have been told by uni this will be on self study model and will last only one semester.

Now I had been in Germany before for exactly 2 years (between 2010-12) on a student applicant visa. I was enrolled in a language course and at the same time looking for PhD and funding options. I was asked to do an additional MA degee from a German uni by several professors that I got in touch with. I looked for a few appropriate MA courses, but I wasn't keen to do so at that point of time, so I returned to India. Meanwhile I I still have at least 3-4 potential supervisors who have shown interest, but it seems like I would be able to be accepted as a PhD student only after I finish a subject relevant MA from a German uni.

So I would like to know if my previous not so sccessful 2 years as an applicant student would be detrimental to my current visa application?

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Length of academic preparation course and new visa application
Answer
8/20/13 10:30 AM as a reply to Metropolis von Gotham.
Hello there

Just bumping and hoping someone could give me few ideas?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Length of academic preparation course and new visa application
Answer
12/14/14 8:28 AM as a reply to Metropolis von Gotham.
Whether this question is stil active or not, I ll give it a shot.

From my experience, Univ Prof in Germany will like to see what you have been capable of in a Master PRogramme done in Germany. So with all its advantages, it is better to complete a Master Programme in DE and then upon good results apply for a PHD position.

Best

Baudouin
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3