Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Work Permit Doubts @ India

Toggle
Work Permit Doubts @ India
Answer
8/2/05 12:28 PM
Hi,

I'm from India and have received a work contract from a German Employer. This German company is not having any offices in India. I inquired with German Embassy at Mumbai (Bombay) and they informed me that I can only get temporary work and residence permit (90 days), and need to apply for long term permit at Aliens office in Germany.

Could you please let me know how risky it is? What is the procedure I need to follow in Germany and what all documents they ask? Could long term permit be denied after arriving in Germany? What could be the reason for not issuing long term permit at Mumbai itself?

Best Regards,
Samir
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work Permit Doubts @ India
Answer
8/2/05 1:17 PM as a reply to Samir.
Hi Samir,

There is no wonder in your work permit process; it is the usual normal German procedure. Authorities will grant a visa permit initially for three months duration and they will extend for one year of work permit once you arrive in Germany.

I guess there will not be any problem as long as your employer is supporting you.

So go a head with your application procedure.

Cheers,

Suresh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/2/05 3:48 PM as a reply to Samir.
Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the info. That gives me some relief. As you said, visa will be extended only for a year. Hence I need to get it extended after every year or is it possible to get 2-3 year permit or 5 year permit after arriving to Germany?

Best Regards,
Samir.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/2/05 6:26 PM as a reply to Samir.
Hi,

According new immigration law(from 01.01.2005) only one year work permit is given initially. Then after you must keep extending. It varies how many years permit you get there after......of which i am even not sure 100%. After 5 years of service, you are eligible to apply for PR.

I guess all the above information is correct, if not can any body give the correct info! Because I am still working with initial one year work permit.

thanks,

Suresh
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3