Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Leaving wohnung, what about if I have problem with Landlord ?

Toggle
Hi allemoticon

Need some urgent advice..I have done lot of cooking and parties in my Appartment, and being of Indian Origin, I guess the condition of the kitchen is not as good as it was 2 years before. I would paint my walls, but am not sure what my landlord would say about the "Einbaukuche" that I have, there are some usage-damages.
Now I am a member of the local Mieterverein, and when I joined them the lady did tell me that the membership has an insurance which also covers the damages in a wohnung...donno if I understood it correctly.
Does anyone have idea if the Mieterverein membership do cover any of the small damages in the wohnung ? Or is it to be paid by me from kaution ? What do I do if the Vermieter demand more than the Kaution ? Is there any other insurance or anything that I can use for this type of damages ? Or any other ideas ?

Thank you all..
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Leaving wohnung, what about if I have problem with Landlord ?
Answer
9/24/09 11:21 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
Insurance parlance it is "moral hazard". You will not get any claims which you did due to your own negligence. The mietverein is subscribing to an insurance company, check it out.

Think that the claim is allowed, then many people like you buy insurance and use to refurnish the house. Insurance company will become a charity.

Either you get the house in order before you leave or after you leave, he will send you a higher bill.

If the Vermieter demands more, than you can refuse. He will threaten you with a legal notice, knowing that you are a foreigner. You can threaten him with a lawyer notice. All this will cost more money than the actual damages.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott