Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa status after 10 years

Toggle
Visa status after 10 years
Answer
8/9/13 12:17 PM
Hi,

I am posting on behalf of a friend as he is busy moving out. Please help me clarifying below points.

My friend, his wife with 2 kids have been living in Germany since 2003.
The 2nd kid is born here and hence naturalized.
1st Kid was not born here but spent more than 8 years.
They are moving to UK as the company has tranferred him without any commitment that he could get back to Germany.
They hold an Indian passport with Niederlasungserlaubnis.

1) His wife has trial run a business which might give them a good result from next year and she had plans to register as GMBH in futre. At the moment its just a concept with few trials. As she is seeing a good result, she would like to continue the business in Germany. But it may take a year or two for them to settle down in UK and then to decide to move back. 
=> How can she ensure that her return is guarenteed even after couple of years based on their last 10+ years stay in Germany? Need a practical solution here.
Different people give different solutions: Like registering a GMBH company right away before move, or not to de-register but to maintain second house-hold, or register a company in UK and have a branch in Germany. 

2) How to ensure that the first child gets German citizenship based on the fact that the kid completed more than 8 years of stay? Do they have to apply right away or can they apply at the age of 18? how it works?

3) I dont think they themselves are keen on German citizenship as they never found time to clear B1 exam although they seem to be reasonably fluent when it comes to conversational German. However is there a way to circumvent the process or get the citizenship from UK if they clear the B1 exam or can they get back after few years and apply for citizenship after clearing B1 exam?

Any direction here woudl be great.

Thanks in advance.

Balu
+2 (2 Votes)

RE: Visa status after 10 years
Answer
8/12/13 9:33 AM as a reply to Balu.
Just realized that 100+ views for this post and not even a single reply. Any help / response on this would be great. If you do not have a proper response, please reply based on your gut feel. I will take it as an opinion and will use it as an input.

Thanks
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
8/19/13 6:42 PM as a reply to Balu.
balu:
Any help / response on this would be great. If you do not have a proper response, please reply based on your gut feel. I will take it as an opinion and will use it as an input.

I actually think it better not to reply than make assumptions about the law.

I have a few questions:

1) When were the children born?
2) Does the 2nd child already have a German passport?
3) What type of contract does your friend have? 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/20/13 7:51 AM as a reply to Arianne.
1) When were the children born?

> 1st one was born in 2003, 2nd one in 2011.

2) Does the 2nd child already have a German passport?

> Yes.

> Permanent job. Normal job contract. Works for number one German Bank since last 10 years.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/28/13 5:51 PM as a reply to Balu.
balu:

> Permanent job. Normal job contract. Works for number one German Bank since last 10 years.
I was actually wondering whether the contract in the UK is permanent or temporary.

Before your friends leave Germany they can go to their local ABH to request special permission so that their permits do not become void. If they don't speak German well, they should take someone with them who does.

Furthermore, considering that they are parents of a minor German child, under the current rules they can always move back to Germany with their German child (until the child turns 18).  
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott