Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Benefits of Daueraufenthalt

Toggle
Benefits of Daueraufenthalt
Answer
7/30/13 8:58 AM
Hi all,

Recently I went to foreigner office to apply for Permanent residence (Niederlassungerlaubnis). The person there instead suggested me to apply for Daueraufenthalt. According to him with Daueraufenthalt one can work not only in Germany but in other Schengen countries as well.

Does somebody has worked in other schengen countries witht his type of Visa? What is the benefit of holding Daueraufenthalt ?

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Benefits of Daueraufenthalt
Answer
7/30/13 3:07 PM as a reply to ARS.
arss:
According to him with Daueraufenthalt one can work not only in Germany but in other Schengen countries as well.
Contrary to common belief, the DA-EU does not include an automatic work permit for other countries. Holders are only allowed to take up residence in other EU countries if they have the financial resources to do so, however, they are still subject to labour market restrictions. Furthermore, the DA-EU is not valid in Denmark and the UK.

The main advantage is that the DA-EU remains valid for longer if you leave Germany (i.e. 6 years while living in a participating EU country and 1 year everywhere else).
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Benefits of Daueraufenthalt
Answer
7/31/13 10:28 AM as a reply to Arianne.
DA-EU is not valid in Denmark ,UK and Ireland.

Also when you have DA-EU , it will be relatively easier to have work permit in those affliated countries, than starting from scratch. DA-EU has definitely more advantages than NE. Go for that as adviced by your AB.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott