Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Marriage Verification / Spouse Visa - Declaration Letter

Toggle
Marriage Verification / Spouse Visa - Declaration Letter
visa marriage verification declaration
Answer
7/25/13 6:57 AM
Hello All,

I have been following up various threads on this topic, however, I am not able to find a few answers. I will be grateful if someone can help me in this regard.

Situation
I applied for my Germany WP in Kolkata consulate on 3rd June, I also applied my wife's dependent permit with my application on the same day.
We were asked to submit INR 30K for marriage verification, as our wedding was in UP, outside jurisdiction of Kolkata Consulate. My employer submitted the same via DD.
An advocated visited us in Kolkata and askde for a few documents for marriage verification, this happened around 20th June. He also mentioned that someone will visit our hometown as well. We also attended separate interviews with visa officer in the same week.
On 3rd July, the consulate called us mentioning that the approval for me is through but marriage verification is pending, and it can happen only by 15th July.
Meanwhile around 10th July, an LIU representative visited my home, however, he never visited my spouse's home which is in the same city! Since then there has been no movement. 

I have requested the status from the consulate, but they say that the report has not been submitted and they can't do much.
As an alternative they have told that we can submit passports for visa stamping, and also submit a declaration on marriage verification, as it is not yet completed. We are also  upposed to provide details of an authorized person who would collect our documents

Questions:
1. Has anyone submitted this before? What are the implications/risks on moving to germany without the marriage certification completed?
2. Is original marriage certificate required for registration at local authorities in Germany (for RP), would a copy suffice?

Please help.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Marriage Verification / Spouse Visa - Declaration Letter
Answer
7/25/13 7:06 AM as a reply to Bazinga!.
1) I have not heard of anyone doing this before. There would be no problem for your spouse to come to Germany, even though the MC is pending.  If the visa is granted it implies the Auslanderbehorde has approved your spouse arrives in Germany with the MC pending

2) You have to tell them that MC verificiation is pending at the German consulate while registering. You will need the original certificate later. 

Good luck!!
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
7/25/13 9:39 AM as a reply to Bazinga!.
Hey Bazinga,

(Ur case seems to be a big bang theory..emoticon just kidding)

Anyways, I agree with cebit. However please note the following :

1) Risk - You will face problem while registering yourself with Meldebehörde (the authority to register ur residential address) which will further restrict you to apply for RP in ABH (Foreigner's office). Without all these docs it will be difficult for you to get your valid tax class card from Finanzamt ( Finance/ Taxation office).

2) If possible, get a translated version of your marriage certificate (in Deutsch) endorsed by the embassy, not necessary but may help.

And if it's really urgent for you to move without the verification/certifcate you can ask the embassy to issue you a letter stating the scenario and approving the same.

Regards,
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
7/26/13 8:18 AM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Thanks @cebit @hope2shine

Okay, i am surprised is anyone has not done this before. I was under the assumption that Auslanderbehorde would approve only after MC verification.

@hope2shine - Thanks for the points, I had enquired in the consulate about registration in this state, they mentioned that they would provide me a copy of the declaration which I can use during registration in Germany. Lets see how that goes.

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/30/13 12:50 AM as a reply to Bazinga!.
i am new to this forum but i am following from a long time..@ bazinga i am really intrested in your story..keep updating your post that we can learn more...thanks and best of luck for your future 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/30/13 7:03 AM as a reply to leon khan.
@bazinga

I got to know of another Indian whose spouse moved to Germany before completing MC verfication. The residence permit was also issued after the spouse arrived in Germany. The MC is still pending. No worries you can go ahead.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
7/30/13 7:13 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
@leon Sure, I'll keep everyone posted.

@Cebit - Thanks for the update, i was starting to worry if I was being a part of a new experiment here! This gives me comfort, we might be traveling next week itself.
0 (0 Votes)

spouse visa marriage verfication declaration letter
Answer
8/1/13 9:09 AM as a reply to Bazinga!.
Hi All

Some update from my side,
Today we went to the German Konsulate in Kolkata and submitted the passport for stamping.
The visa offer made us:
1. Sign a declaration which states that if the marriage verification fails, they will deport the spouse.
2. Submit authorization letter and ID details of a representative who will collect MC and other supporting docs once the marriage verification process is over.

I guess that is that, she also gave us a copy of the declaration as that will be needed for registration once we reach Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/26/13 1:05 PM as a reply to Bazinga!.
Dear Pranav,

You can approach the Consulate in India, and ask them if you can submit a declaration of bearing all the responsibility on marriage verification. Ask them if that will support your case.

I cannot say if they do it for everyone, as I felt that I did not have too many precedents for this.

Ankur
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/27/13 2:19 PM as a reply to Bazinga!.
dear pranav,

Honestly, I don't know.
I was traveling with my wife.

I guess you can always ask the consulate, who knows they agree?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott