Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Different rules for me at work!!

Toggle
Different rules for me at work!!
Answer
7/23/13 11:52 PM
Hi, I am newly registered on this site so hi to you all. I work for local govt and have done for the past 26 years. Two years ago my section was merged to another building called work services unit, this is refuse and recycling, the most stressful and busiest department. I was PUT into a new team of admin girls who are very nice but we were turned into what I can only describe as a call centre. I had no say and nothing was discussed with me first, I would never choose to do call centre work, I detest phones and people whining about the bins not being emptied etc but because there are no jobs out there I am stuck, I can't afford to just leave so I try and make the best of it. My problem is everyone else seems to have different rules, I am treated like a pile of pooh, the men are thick and arrogant and won't listen if you have a query about a case at work. I am intelligent and used to working on my own initiative but they won't let me and they waste so much time looking for mistakes, yesterday I got blamed for 3 things which later I proved were not an error at all and I didn't get an apology. We are supposed to be allowed flexi time like the rest of the council but I'm told to do the 7 hours 24 minutes a day without building up any extra time where as the rest of the authority are allowed to build up to 200 hours a year. Today I finished at 5:05pm but was told to put 5:00pm on my time sheet as I should be flexible and GIVE them time, I couldn't believe it!!! I am told I can't have doctors, hospital or dentist appointments till after 5pm or lunchtimes and if its more than 30 minutes I have to use accrued minutes, except I can't accrue minutes because I'm not allowed to. I've had my new sports car damaged, scratched and 2 tyres punctured since being there, things stolen out the fridge of mine and out my drawer, I'm ignored and if I have a suggestion others get the credit, everyone seems to stitch each other up and I've been a victim for two years now, I've applied for other jobs in the council and been pulled up about it and questioned, I struggle to get leave and told I'm working bank holidays on the last minute and forced to cancel holidays, I've lost so much money by cancelling holidays, it's a horrible place to work and I'm desperate to leave but can't afford to.

Help, any suggestions or reassurance, it's a waste of time talking to anyone as they all stick up for each other.

Thanks x
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Different rules for me at work!!
Answer
7/24/13 12:10 AM as a reply to daphne glass.
Look for a new employer
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18