Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse visa process: Urgent comments required

Toggle
Hello Everybody,

I am PhD Scholar in Hamburg. I need comments regarding spouse visa process.

My wife has applied for family reunion visa in 2nd week of April, 2013. Verification of marriage was done in 2nd week of May. Then documents reached to ABH Hamburg in 2nd week of June. ABH asked me to send proof of sufficient residence, insurance and DAAD Scholarship letter. In the 2nd step they asked me to fix some money in block a/c. The process was completed in 2nd week of July, 2013. 

Now I got letter from ABH Hamburg by email stated they have sent their opinion to German embassy in Pakistan but they can not disclose their opinion due to legal situation. Further they wrote that visa process in two way administrative process and ABH is indirectly involved in this process just to give their opinion. Final decision of visa issuance is in hand of German embassy abraod (in my case Pakistan). 

I am worried that why they did not tell me about the approval. Can anyone please share his/her opinion? Is this normal? 

waiting for quick reply from members

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse visa process: Urgent comments required
Answer
7/16/13 8:37 AM as a reply to Muhammad Abid Abid.
Hallo,

The answer seems to be quite similar to me. the ABH said me also that they cannot share their decision with me. The final approval is depend on the German Embassy abroad. But immediately after 2 days my wife got call from Embassy saying her visa got approved.

Hopefully for you also the same answer comes. Since there is no issues u have now. U submitted all your documents, so there wont be any pblm.

Dont worry approval vl come within 2 days.
All the best
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/13 9:57 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Thanks dear for sharing your experience. It mean its just a formality. 
I also got another email in response to my Thank you email to ABH in which She siad that she hopes that German embassy abroad will issue visa soon. 

Again thanks and regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/25/13 10:51 PM as a reply to moon mal.
Hello,can anybody help me to explain ABH??????and usually how long does it take to get spouse visa????Many Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/13 10:54 AM as a reply to zara chuhdary.
zara:
Hello,can anybody help me to explain ABH??????and usually how long does it take to get spouse visa????Many Thanks
ABH means Auslanderbehorde (foreigners' registration office/ alliens registration authority in German city). 
Duration to get spouse visa varies from case to case (normally 2 - 6 months). In my case,
1. My wife applied for spouse visa on 12th April 2013,
2. Documents were verified by lawyer on 8th May
3. Documents were arrived inn ABH Hamburg ABH on 12th June
5. Submitted documents  
6. Opened block account as asked by ABH (in my case it took 3 weeks to open block a/c due to some issues otherwise it normaly done in 7 days)
7. On 15th July got email from ABH that they have sent approval to german embassy in Pakistan.
8. On 22nd July call from embassy for visa.
9. On 24th July got visa

In total It took 3 month and 12 days.. It was my case. There may be other cases with less or more duration. 
I hope it will be helpful for you.

regards
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
7/28/13 10:55 AM as a reply to Muhammad Abid Abid.
Thank you So Much.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18