Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

My wife's tourist visa got rejected

Toggle
My wife's tourist visa got rejected
Answer
7/11/13 5:22 PM
Dear Friends,

I am from India and currently doing my masters in Germany. I am a married person and my wife is in India and she is working.
Actually I will be starting my master's thesis next month, so I wanted my wife to join me for 3 months on tourist visa.

Since I am a student, I could not get the formal obligation letter, so I sent following documents (I confirmed these documents from German embassy Mumbai):
1. Passport
2. Residence permit
3. city registration
4. my house contract
5. Informal invitation letter

along with these documents she added enough financial proof documents and went for the visa interview.
During interview they asked 2 questions:
1. your husband is in Germany, then why do not you apply for dependent visa?
My wife's ans: he is a student and he has no income
2. Give me your leave approval letter
My wife's ans: I will resign and go (her company was not giving her 3 months leave and we were really not aware that this will cause so much problem)

Then they asked her to come after 2 days... and when she went she got rejection stating following reason:
1. The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable
2. Your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.

Now what should we do?
Should we reapply or not?
One more rejection would be a big problem,Because next yr I will get a job and then I want to bring her here on dependent visa.
Please help and advice.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: My wife's tourist visa got rejected
Answer
7/13/13 10:45 AM as a reply to Prashant.
friends please give some advice... i need it very badly... please help...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/13 2:06 PM as a reply to Prashant.
pashya:
1. your husband is in Germany, then why do not you apply for dependent visa?
My wife's ans: he is a student and he has no income
2. Give me your leave approval letter
My wife's ans: I will resign and go (her company was not giving her 3 months leave and we were really not aware that this will cause so much problem)
Based on your wife's answers to these two questions it is not surprising that her visa application was refused and there is no point in applying again until you have the funds to support her. Since the Embassy now knows that she is willing to give up her job, she does not really have any ties to her home country nor an incentive to leave once her visa expires.

If she has a degree, she can try to apply for a permit to look for a job (AufenthG §18c).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/13 2:16 PM as a reply to Arianne.
thanks a lot for the reply...

I was thinking about following 2 options:

1. One of our family friends is living in Germany for past 8 years and he is ready to give the formal obligation letter for my wife... he will say that my wife is his good family friend... so now if she applies again for the tourist visa with this formal obligation letter mentioning the reason for travel is to meet me (her husband)... will it be any good?

2. i can take a letter of recommendation from my professor in university... he is also my thesis guide... mentioning that i am working on a thesis, so can not go home soon, so my wife should be given the tourist visa, so that she can come and visit me... will it be any good?

and this time with application she will present the leave letter and say that last time she was travelling for 3 months so her company was not approving the leaves, but now she wants to come for 2 months and her leave is approved... and can explain honestly in the cover letter that she has no intention to stay here after the visa expiry...

what do you say?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/13 3:30 PM as a reply to Prashant.
It is generally difficult for a foreigner with a spouse in Germany to obtain a Schengen Visa to visit their spouse. Too many foreigners have abused Schengen Visas in order to circumvent the FZF requirements and a foreign spouse needs to provide convincing arguments that he/she will leave before the visa expires. Furthermore, applications for a Schengen visa for 3 months are often very carefully scrutinised and are very often refused (it is difficult to argue that someone who has strongly ties to their home country can just leave for 3 months).

Considering your wife has already told the Embassy that she is willing to quit her job, I highly doubt the Embassy will consider her new application credible.

IMHO I don't think a letter from your prof will carry much weight, if any; it will only provide a reason why you can't go home this semester, however, it does nothing to dissuade the authorities from their suspicion your wife intends to overstay her visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/13 3:52 PM as a reply to Arianne.
that means there in no possibility that she will get the tourist visa... its really very frustrating... she absolutely had no intention to stay here after the expiry of her visa...

my idea was... she will come here for few months and go back... then next year i will get a job and then i will bring her on dependent visa...

actually embassy should take a proper interview, check the credibility and then take a decision... its really very frustrating...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/13 4:15 PM as a reply to Prashant.
pashya:
actually embassy should take a proper interview, check the credibility and then take a decision... its really very frustrating...
She had an interview and based on her replies the Embassy made the only decision possible given the circumstances and considering your wife has failed to provide a tangible or credible reason to return.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/13 11:06 PM as a reply to Prashant.
pashya:
my idea was... she will come here for few months and go back... then next year i will get a job and then i will bring her on dependent visa...

In that case, just check for the longest period of holiday that your wife can get at her workplace. If work-from-home options are available, than that period can be extended. Based on that, your wife should try for a visa for that timeframe. 
--> That would establish a concrete reason to return back to India.

Instead of trying to get the maximum 90 days tourist visa, just try to make the best of your current situation.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/13 11:14 PM as a reply to TS TS.
she will get the leave for around 1 month for sure, but now during 2nd time if she shows the leave certificate, will it be effective?... i mean won't they think that she had said that she will resign and now this time she is showing the leave certificate... i mean will the leave certificate really be effective?

what about taking the formal obligation letter from our family friend... will it help?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/13 9:42 AM as a reply to Prashant.
Hi Pashya,

The best option if you somehow can convince local authorities to provide you an invitation letter for your Wife. Sometime they do that if you can show enough balance in your bank account. After that you may write to counslate explaining that you will ensure that your wife goes back, otherwise it will have adverse impact on your future visa status which is understandable.

All the best
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
7/15/13 10:06 AM as a reply to Prashant.
pashya:
she will get the leave for around 1 month for sure, but now during 2nd time if she shows the leave certificate, will it be effective?... i mean won't they think that she had said that she will resign and now this time she is showing the leave certificate... i mean will the leave certificate really be effective?

what about taking the formal obligation letter from our family friend... will it help?
1) Stating the "plan to resign" bit to the visa-granting authorities was probably the worst possible move one could have taken. 
Knowing what the consulate does at this time, they might honor the change in circumstances, wherein they see a better chance of your wife returning back to India to her job.

2) The formal obligation letter might be useful, especially if your family friend is in the same city as yourself. If that was tried for the first interview, it would have been the perfect option. 

3) As another poster suggested, you can try to get an obligation letter on your own. Even if you build up a significant bank balance, I suspect the lack of a steady income might work against you.

4) If you have friends/family in another EU country (say France), your wife can try getting a tourist visa for that country and can travel over to DE. 
Good Luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18