Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Can I apply for student visa

Toggle
Can I apply for student visa
Answer
10/4/07 5:10 PM
Hello All,

Presently I am in Germany on a limited contract and my contract will finish in December and also my Work Permit visa expires in december. I am in search of new opportunity but I am not sure that I will get a new Opportunity by December.

So during this period can I join for a Masters programme in the University and get student Visa and continue in search for new job.

If I could able to find new job offer after one semester at university can I apply for Work Permit. Will there be any problem or any delay in Work Permit process.

If I am not allowed to join as a student in the university then what is the best way of staying here in Germany.

Regards,
Raju.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Can I apply for student visa
Answer
10/4/07 7:25 PM as a reply to Raju S.
Changing from workpermit to studentpermit is possible but difficult. They may ask you to go back to your country of origin and apply for the student visa in the worst case.

Changing from studentpermit to workpermit is also difficult as they have made it strict nowadays to change without finishing the course.

Bestway would be to look out for a new job. If you have worked for atleast 1 year you can claim arbeitslos geld and your visa will extend for another 3 months after the end of your workpermit. If you start now you may have 6 months maximum to get a new job and extend your work and residence permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott