Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Spouse Visa Process

Respuesta
7/06/13 17:08 en respuesta a Arun M.
Can anyone tell me whats the email id from the german consulate ends like - For example once i confirm my appointment got a mail *******.@diplo.de 

Hope any mail from German conulate will be ending with the above one. Is it correct ???

Helps to check if mail doesnt go in Spam folder emoticon 
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/06/13 14:08 en respuesta a Mani.
 Still awaiting the revert from the German Consulate in Bangalore. God knows when they will give an update or any info on my application. I

Just out of curiosity - I will complete 4 months of application processing time on 18th June,13. Any one on the forum who can better my record?? 

Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/06/13 5:45 en respuesta a Arun M.
Hi all, 

Seems like ppl are really getting lucky and getting good replies for the visa offices on their application. The forum has been totally quiet for sometime now. 

Update on my application - Completes exactly 4 months today, still no update. Officials from my wife's insti in Germany have also written to the Germany embassy in both Germany and Bangalore n surprise surprise, still hv not heard anything from them. The officials from insti also mentioned how they can help to quicken the process & assist any other ways, but nthing from the visa offices at all. Its all a game of patience n follow up for me since the time i made the application. 

Pls keep sharing your inputs and any other suggestions that led to a successful conculsion of your applications!!!!

Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/06/13 8:42 en respuesta a Arun M.
@ Arun,

Hope it happens soon for you. My family got there visa stamped last week. Managed somehow in one month span of time. Just got lucky I can say....

Thanks
Mani.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/06/13 10:54 en respuesta a Arun M.
Hi Arun,

I got my visa approval today morning. It took 7 months. I attened interview on 21-05-2012 in germany consulate chennai. Then 15-02-2013 I received mail from consulate reg my marriage certificate verification i submitted rmy original marriage certificate with  with 20000/- DD and other documents on 30-02-2013. After that i called german consulate customer care on 20th April 2013 they said its in process it will take totally 3 months to finish the verification. Again i called customer care on 25th May 2013. They said my verfication process is done, all documents sent to germany for approval.  Then i informed my wife, she checked in foregin office in germany. They said they sent approval on 29th may 2013 to chennai consulate. But i didnt get any information from consulate. Today morning(17-06-2013) i called chennai consulate customer care they told to submit my passport to VFS. Every time i took follow up and it took 7 months to get visa approval. So wait and take follow up. Best of luckemoticon

Thanks,
Haril.K
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/06/13 14:49 en respuesta a Mani.
Hi Mani,

Great news, congrats to your family n you!! M still waiting n hanging on. Thanks for your best wishes.

Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/06/13 15:08 en respuesta a haril kumar.
Hi Haril,

Thanks for sharing your experience. You have provided me relief that it might take sometime, but will happen. All i need to do is keep faith n keep following up religiously. 

Your tenure seems like a really really long time for this kind of process. Also, there seems to be different process at all the consulates. My passport is with them since the time i made the application i.e. 18th Feb,13, alongwith my Marriage certificate. I paid the mentioned fees of Rs 4,400. This is paid in DD.

After that they requested for the education certifiates, n additional fee of Rs 4,000. This they took in cash. Reading tht u paid abt Rs 20,000, i fail to understand the logic on which they charge the candidates. Will keep following up n hoping!!

Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/06/13 8:10 en respuesta a Arun M.
Hi All,

I have applied for family reunion visa on 27th may 2013 from bangalore consulate.Apart from visa fees i have submitted 2000 rs for marriage verification and original marriage certificate and passport.

I have few queries regarding the process-

1) my company wants to send me for short term onsite opputunity in US for which stamping is yet to happen.Is it possible that i can get my passport and get the stamping done and go to onsite and come back once family reunion visa is approved.

2) If possible then once visa is approved we have to submit passport and itinerary.What is time limit after approval within which we have to submit and should date of travel fall within that time period or it can be any future date.

Please suggest and reply.

Thanks,
Jatinder
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/06/13 12:41 en respuesta a Arun M.
 Hi all,

Update on my application for the German National Visa - The German consulate could not confirm the authenticity of my marriage certificate and hence, my visa application has been rejected. 

Any suggestions on the options available to me now from the fellow members on this blog.

Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/06/13 12:45 en respuesta a Arun M.
Hi Arun,

I am really feeling v sad for your situation.

Anyway you can apply immediately for the reason. Now it is necessary for the German Consulate to tell the reason for rejection and you vl know exactly the situation and u can reapply.

All the best
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/06/13 13:09 en respuesta a Arun M.
Arun,

Was your marriage certificate apostilled through MEA. If not, you can try to get it first and then approach the Embassy once again. 
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/06/13 14:23 en respuesta a Arun M.
Hi Arun,

It's really unfortunate.

Well , if you are re-applying you need  to re-check your documents again. Translation of docs,Apostillation (i think it will take atleast 2-3 weeks) e.t.c. Probably, there is a time limit before which u can't re-apply, not sure check it out.

As of now, I believe there is still a little bit of hope left. Hopefully,you attended the interview by the marriage verification officer, showed him photgraphs, and witnessess e.t.c.

1) As you have written it seems you are aware of the reason. If it's that concrete.. write an e-mail to del embassy explaining the verification process and the marriage documents shown to the officer.If possible get the file number from the court from where the certi has been issued.

2) Ask your wife to visit local ABH in person along with a German colleague (may be her prof if possible) and explain the facts to the ABH visa officer (she can ask at ABH who was looking after your case and get in touch along with docs). Unlike India, the ABH officers in Germany are patient and listen to your stuff.

Atlast, I can just wish you luck and best wishes.

Regards,
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/06/13 14:47 en respuesta a Jatinder Kaur.
Hi Jatin,

Your queries can only be genuinely answered by the embassy people. However, based on experience I have the following thoughts:

1) Normally other embassies don't keep the passport till the Visa is approved. I was told that during the time frame of processing I can't apply for any Visa to Germany but no restriction for other countries. It will be a bit difficult to get ur passport back from embassy. Please check.

2) Not aware of time limit but you can ask the representative calling to you that u r nt available and bla bla.. they can arrange pick up at a later date. date of travel should be within three months from date of approval I suppose coz my visa was approved in Jun and I chose a trvael date in sept... but again different embassy has differnet rules I think.

Regards,

PS-not a legal perspective.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/06/13 16:08 en respuesta a moon mal.
Hi fellow members,

Thanks for your inputs and quick reverts on my post, really appreciate it. 

@ Moonmal -  The only reason i have got from the German Consul in Germany is that thy could not establish the authenticty of my marriage certificate, nothing more than that. 

Some other facts are - 

1) My marriage certificate is the one issued from Chandigarh, India, which I submitted to the German Consul in Bangalore.
2) My marriage certificate is not apostilled by MEA.

3) Most importantly, I was not called to attend any interview or was visited by any verification officer at any point of time between 18th Feb,13 (application was made) till today 20th June,13 (when i was informed that my visa application has been rejeccted)

@lgsamsung28 -  My marriage certificate is not appostilled by MEA. I will definitely get it done once I have the originals certis and passport back from Bangalore Consulate.

@hope2shine - I will definitely be re-checking all my documents when i re-apply for the visa.
The ironic part is, as i mentioned above, I wasn't called to attend any kind of verification interview for any of my documents nor was i visited by any kind   of verification officer between the time i submitted my application (18th Feb,13) and today (20th June,13), when i was informed that my visa application   has been rejected. 

Hence, i did not have the chance to show photographs/witnesses for the marriage. I had taken the marriage rituals pics to the Bangalore Consulate when i was submitting my application (18th Feb,13), but they were returned to me by the officer at the counter. That was surprising for me as the pics were part of the mandatory checklist of documents to be submitted alongwith the application, but i trusted the officer to know what she was doing.

My wife is already talking to her university administration head regarding this and will be following up with the local ABH office. 

Thanks again for all the suggestions and will definitely be keeping the group posted on any further updates, if any. 

Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
24/06/13 13:29 en respuesta a Arun M.
Hi all,

Update on my visa application process - Went to collect the original documents and passport from the Bangalore Consulate today. It is one of the most rude experience i have ever had in my life. 

The lady officer at the collection counter number 1 is too rude, impatitent and her mind is closed to reason, common sense and logic. I collected my documents and since i already knew the reason for rejection, asked her if she could tell the exact reason why my marriage certi could not be verified. No reply except - "I gave you the documents, right. Go thru them." When i persisted, told me to wait. 

Since i had reached right at 2pm, i was made to wait till 3pm. I was called by abt 3.15pm bcuse she was bsy with the Thomas Cook guys n totally pally with them. These guys also had their cell phones on in the consulate and this officer was teling them some contact numbers too. Aint all the cell phones supposed to be swiched off? 

When i went thr again, she kept harping on the same point, today you got the rejection letter, go thru it. If you have a problem, write to the email id. I told her that i have already written to this email id, marking the German office and that i get replies from the German office, but never from the Bangalore Consulate.

Also, pls note, that a stinker mail was written by the Admin head of my wife's university on 12th June,13 marking the Berlin office. All my certis had a verification sticker mentioning 14th June,13. No action was taken till thy got the stick from Germany. 

Also, before going, i had read upon the appeal process and the authorities to connect with. This officer didnt tell anything and just kept shouting that write the mail to the email id. Post that, when i asked for the appeal process, she was like - Yeah, you can appeal if you want. Thn kept quiet, no help to the applicant on how to make the appeal process, who to connect with, who to write to. 

I am planning to appeal and will keep the members updated on the progress, if any. My wife is planning to write to the authorities in Berlin, with support from her university and hoping for a resolution of this situation. 

Will welcome any more suggestions and thoughts!!

Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/07/13 6:37 en respuesta a Arun M.
Hi All,

I had applied for spouse visa on 27th may in bangalore consulate.6 weeks over but whenever i call them to check the status they say its in process.I just wanted to know do they provide exact status like which stage it is in? Or any other way to check the status?

Thanks,
Jatinder
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
8/07/13 12:51 en respuesta a Jatinder Kaur.
@Jatinder - If you have a contact in Germany, tell them to write to Berlin office, marking the Bangalore office on emails. Thatz the only way you will get any real update apart from the "in progress" record that they keep singing. Till you get some pressure on them from Berlin/Germany, things will move at a snail's pace. I was informed 12 weeks and got the final result after 5 months. Best of luck
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
8/07/13 14:12 en respuesta a Arun M.
i attended the interview on bangalore consulate on 31st may, i got my visa today. It took 5 weeks for me to get dependent visa.In my case my husband just flew on 5th.i didnt submit the house contract or payslips or anything. No marriage verification was asked....but mainly may be i already lived in germany for 2 years and i hold a german masters degree....so may be lot of procedures were waived off for me...and my last residence permit expired only in december 2012 which was under student visa...dont know!!!! 
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
11/07/13 18:10 en respuesta a Arun M.
arun.m:
@Jatinder - If you have a contact in Germany, tell them to write to Berlin office, marking the Bangalore office on emails. Thatz the only way you will get any real update apart from the "in progress" record that they keep singing. Till you get some pressure on them from Berlin/Germany, things will move at a snail's pace. I was informed 12 weeks and got the final result after 5 months. Best of luck

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your suggestion.Today when i called consulate,finally i got to hear something different frfom "in progress" status.I was told that marriage verification is going on.This is 7th week.I just wanted to know how much time will it take?

Shall i still go ahead and write to ABH Berlin Office?

Thanks,
Jatinder
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
18/07/13 8:11 en respuesta a Jatinder Kaur.
Hi All,

I applied for family reunion visa on 27th may 2013 from bangalore consulate.I was continously following up with consulate but everytime same status "in progress".
Yesterday my husband got a mail from visa office Nuremberg,Germany asking him to submitt some docs on 30th July 2013.
Just wanted to check what is the next step? I mean once my husband submitts all the docs asked by visa office,how much time rest of process will take?
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott