Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

**** Urgent Issue with Master Thesis Completion ********

Toggle
Hello Dear Members,
 I am new to this forum ,please don't mind if I have posted my query at the wrong place. I need some advise from some experienced members. Here is My case ,I started Masters of System Engineering in one of the colleges in Germany. It was 2 years course with one Thesis Semester . I completes all Four semesters and had sufficent grades for thesis. Due to finincial reasons I could not complete my Thesis .I went back to India took care of my responsibilities .Then I wrote back to the University If they can still consider my Thesis ,after a month of follow up ,I was permitted to completed my Thesis ,however I had to pay the fees 950 Euros . I started working on my Thesis under 2 Prof's. I was given about 4 months to complete my Thesis. I kept sending the updates of my Thesis to both Prof's .One of them never responded to my emails. The other Prof was helping me throughout my Thesis ,after all hardwork I submitted my Thesis . I send them the hard copies via Fedex. Meanwhile I got an email from the adminstration department saying ,I had passed due date for submitting form for Thesis Semester. I never got any email either from any of the Prof or from the college stating that I need to submit the form inorder to register for Thesis . Where as I had paid all fees and everything for Thesis .
Now one of the Prof approved my Thesis ,but the other Prof never reponded to me .I have been writing emails calling up ,finially I got a letter from the college saying They can not accept my Thesis as did not register for Thesis semester.
The Other Prof. tried to convince everyone in the management ,but of no use. He suggest me to go legal way . That is the only solution . I am not in Germany ,could someone please help me ,How do I go about finding a Lawyer or if I can write to someone who could help me.

Thanks a lot in advance .
I would really appreciate your help.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: **** Urgent Issue with Master Thesis Completion ********
Answer
7/4/13 12:12 AM as a reply to Sunil G.
Dear Mahesh,

it's really sad to hear about it. Generally in Germany, if you pay the semester fees you get registered. I would advice you a simple way to get your degree. Register again for the next semester as your thesis semester, get the same supervisor. Don't do anything at all, abwarten und Tee trinken, six months later submit the same thesis. Then technically there shouldn't be any problem and your thesis will be accepted.

A consultation hour with a lawyer costs at least 60 bucks, If you register yourself for the next semester, then you can get free legal advice from the studierendensekreteriat. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Abhishek
+1 (1 Vote)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3