Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

changing from work visa to student visa (Germany))

Hi,

I am originally from India and came to Germany to pursue an MS in Computational Eng. from 2004-2006.

Thereafter i worked with a german IT Consultancy firm for almost 3 years.

Now i have an admission letter from a Business School in Germany for which i need a student visa. I visited the Auslandsamt here in Cologne and they told me that i need to fly back to India and submit a fresh app. for a student visa. This means another round of interview and checks.

Could you knowledegable people help me out with the interview questions considering i have already worked here before. Would that be a problem to get a student visa again ?? Is it a reason enough to be nervous ?

Some help would be really appreciated.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: changing from work visa to student visa (Germany))
Antwort
02.04.10 13:12 als Antwort auf amit jain.
Please double check with another auslanderamt (perhaps from the place where your MBA school is lcoated). The information that you have to go back to India seem to be incorrect to me. In 2003, I was in a similar trap where in I changed a job from company A to company B. I never required another fresh work permit or Visa. But I was given wrong information by Auslanderamt in Frankfurt that I will have to fly back to India and apply for fresh visa. I had to ideally for about 4 months before I got my new visa and my count down for number of years in Germany had to come to an end and the fresh count down started from 2004 onwards.

I am not telling you that the information is incorrect but please double check before you go to India.

VB
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: changing from work visa to student visa (Germany))
Antwort
02.04.10 18:24 als Antwort auf amit jain.
As long as the study is relevant for your future career and you are not a burden for the social system its not a problem to change your residence permit!
But don’t know why it is required to have a student visa for the uni/school! I know different cases where it was not required a student visa for continuing the study. But this is true if you do not have student visa then you cannot enjoy the student facility. If you have enough money to support your study period you may convert your current resident permit (in that case ABH may ask you to provide an official letter about “aufbaustudium” which you can request/get from the university) !
I know that it may vary to ABH and ABH and don’t know whether the German authority already changed any rule regarding this matter!
Another point, you may also get help from the sudent foreign office of your business school!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott