Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Study/Work on Spouse Visa

Toggle
Study/Work on Spouse Visa
Answer
3/12/12 7:18 PM
Hello There,

I am living in Germany since 2006 and working for an unlimited job contract since 2008.

My Wife came to Germany in July 2011 and in Feb 2012 She got admission in a University for Master Studies.

My Question is : Is this legal to study on Spouse Visa ? Because I haven't asked Foreign office regarding that.
And Now some company is offering her student job but my wife doesn't have work permit yet. So, Is it possible to get work permit easily, if the studies on Spouse visa is legal.

Please Reply soon if somebody has some clue or similar case in the past.

Thank you in Advance.
Regards,
Rajesh..
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Study/Work on Spouse Visa
Answer
3/13/12 12:07 AM as a reply to Rajesh Arora.
Yes it is legal to study on a Spouse/Dependent Visa. Once your wife is a student, she can work 90 full days 0r 180 half days in a year. If you still have doubts and you don't want to ask the foreign office, then ask the student council department in the University and for the job HR will automatically know the procedure.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/12 1:24 PM as a reply to Rajesh Arora.
Hello,

Thank you for your very clear reply.

I have read in many forums saying that spouse is not allowed to study in the first year of his/her arrival.

Do you know the clause where it is mentioned that it is legal and allowed? I mean any kind of confirmed information. Or Does it depends on case to case? Some people told me if the city aliens office are friendly to you, then they will issue student work permit.

Anyhow, Thanks alot for your effort.
Thanks
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/12 2:25 PM as a reply to Rajesh Arora.
I have no idea about the written law but it is allowed on a spouse visa. One of my classmates had the same situation.

Best is go to the University international office as they must have handled such cases for sure. Once admission is confirmed and your spouse is enrolled with the studentbeschinung etc. you can just connect with the HR and he/she will automatically handle all the procedure. In the job interview they will ask for the visa details.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Study/Work on Spouse Visa
Answer
3/25/13 10:50 PM as a reply to Rajesh Arora.
May I know your situation now!!!

I badly need some answers!!! I have a similar situation...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott